Revo remap and vaq reset ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi ,
I know the Revo posts have been done before many times but just wanted to ask if the stock air filter and inlet pipe are fine to leave with a revo stage 1 map ? On another note i read somewhere that the vaq diff can be reset or even changed to the more aggressive setting the Cupra R comes with ? Also has anyone heard that you need to reset a vaq learn setting after a diff oil change ? Had my vaq oil change done at Seat before Xmas but was interested to see if it can be changed if you wanted ,Thanks for any info.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
And is this a possible upgrade hidden away ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I thought you were selling your old car or is this a new one.

Re the Revo air box, stock is good for over 400bhp but you will get better performance out of a good aftermarket one than stock just look at the construction of the stock one its full of creases that will impact smooth air flow thus power.

With regards the FWD Diff coding, not sure its hidden

but you can change the way it works in Control Unit 32 Lock Electronics
the settings you will have are Standard, Increased Traction (used on the track but does drink more fuel from memory but @damoh did some work in the area or Reduced noises (which i have never used).

If you are looking to set the car up for track work then there are a lot of updates you can do in the 03 ABS Module to make the car better.
Hi,
Decided to keep it for a bit longer as the market has slim pickings at the moment and have decided to go stage 1 just for something different , reason I asked about the diff is that I was curious that more people have not changed the setting to the same as the Clubsport S if the option is there to do it.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Back in the day (late 2015 / 2016) there were many post's about this and lots of us did modify the settings and enjoyed the difference.

I seem to recall that the facelift cars had this as a menu option but that may have been the Golf.
Ok thats interesting as I've never heard of it before but be interesting to see what difference it make , if the option was always available in surprised they never activated it on the Sub 8 model when it launched and done the Nurenburg sub 8 lap.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Back in the day (late 2015 / 2016) there were many post's about this and lots of us did modify the settings and enjoyed the difference.

I seem to recall that the facelift cars had this as a menu option but that may have been the Golf.
Did it make a bigger difference in the corners when you changed it ?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
What ‘tweak’ or setting exactly are you talking about here ?

The haldex traction tweak is on 4drives.
There is no menu option for it, it’s available in OBD11/Carista/VCDS/carscanner

There is then the XDS interaction setting that effects how strong the braking is applied on cornering.

No idea what tweaks are on the hatchback though as mines an ST

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Ah cool.
On the 4drives that’s in control unit 22, awd.

Pretty sure the FWD version still hidden away on Seats/Cupras.
It is on the ST/4drives.

I think some Audis had it as a menu option, but again that’s 4Drive/awd

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.