REVO vs APR (differences in potential gains)

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I hear talk of an improved Software version from APR coming out for KO4 cars soon

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
no links just heard it being mentioned time will tell

Last edited:

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
As said above mate. Whatever one is closest. Both are very good quality with years of research and development

Cheers mate my revo dealers and APR dealers are relatively close to each other I had the revo on my last car so may try out the APR. I was just wondering if anyone had done the same thing as I was asking in my earlier post so I could find out what there thoughts were.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I've never been a fan of Revo maps personally because they tend (In previous cars) to have early peak torque and power.

Some people love that however its not for me, I prefer a very linear map.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Revo now offers updates to most if not all of its aggressive files to iron out any issues plus a full library of new alternative linear/progressive ones too.

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
can anyone give me the gains for the 2.0l tfsi K04? im considering changing sides!

EDIT: seems to be much the same as revo yet they dont charge for upgrading to further stages, wish i'd read that before going revo, seems like an absolute rip off to me now! especially when i didnt get close to the torque they quoted. of course when i queried my torque figure all i got was "exhaust is pretty restrictive" and "take a RR result with a pinch of salt" sounds like complete BS to me

Last edited:

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
can anyone give me the gains for the 2.0l tfsi K04? im considering changing sides!

EDIT: seems to be much the same as revo yet they dont charge for upgrading to further stages, wish i'd read that before going revo, seems like an absolute rip off to me now! especially when i didnt get close to the torque they quoted. of course when i queried my torque figure all i got was "exhaust is pretty restrictive" and "take a RR result with a pinch of salt" sounds like complete BS to me

FWIW I agree with the statement about RR results--they all read differently. Unfortunately the only way to tell if it's running accurately is to do data logs while on the rollers.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
especially when i didnt get close to the torque they quoted. of course when i queried my torque figure all i got was "exhaust is pretty restrictive" and "take a RR result with a pinch of salt" sounds like complete BS to me

What will the scenario be when you change software and still have the same issue?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
It costs nothing to keep it as is and do no more so i think thats the way it'll be. That said, if i was starting from scratch again i'd go APR.

Why? Have you tried APR code on your car or is it just the free upgrades that make you say that?

Revo charge about £50 to upgrade. It's not the end of the world is it? :shrug:

Who knows, after running APR & Revo code back to back, you might prefer Revo?

As for after sales, I'd say that lands in the lap of the tuner you've paid to do your work. In my eyes it's their job to liaise with the software guys.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
meh... what do you know!!!! GIAC.... yea i went there... what what what.... yea!

:handbags:

:cry:

The point I was trying to make is - the green isn't always greener. Marketing plays a huge part in this game and sometimes I think people buy in to it and end up paying money for little, or no gain.

Quite clearly going from a Stage 1 Jabba map to ARP Stage 2+ would be like night & day - hence my post saying that wasn't really my point :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.