REVO vs APR (differences in potential gains)

jammydodgerJW

Man, I guess we really should have added that 10bhp to the website, lol!

Lol I told you I was very thorough and in a nutshell yes id have probably bought it by now haha ill put this all to bed soon and end up putting my hand in my pocket having both done n rr'd on same dyno to compare

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jammydodgerJW

Hard to go local everywhere when prospective distributors are rubbish ;)

Al did you see our stage 3 Golf R and TTRS take first in their respective classes at the Tuner GP (hockenheim) recently? Same kit we had on the golf at knock hill :) Damn that Turbo S haha!

Ey ive just found out a company called rstuning that ive seen at alot of meets with impressive figures + they do REVO are based in leeds where I am:)

They had a mk1 focus rs running 300bhp at custom car show other sunday

Evan you pay my petty n ill flippin drive dwn to ur HO lol

Last edited by a moderator:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I think you need to just look at it simply and possibly one of two ways
Firstly what is it you want to do with your car ? Map and drive it ? Or 1/4 mile runs or be the bloke bragging rolling road numbers with your mates ?

Work that bit out and you should have a pretty good indication of where you want to be
If you want a 1/4 mile nutter car then just read hurdys posts and learn from his mix and match fare
If you want to map and drive your car or have bragging rights chose any map and apply the right components which they recommend for each stage of their maps
Simples !

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
All im asking in this thread is for peoples opinions and facts on both and so far what people are saying speaks volumes 3 people have already rubbished the golf r's quarter mile time not just me... so thanks guys still not made my decision easier though aa I like the idea EMCS :(

Ok so you believe everything that people tell you? Untill you see it or try it how the hell can you formulate a conclusive decision?

You come on here asking for advice and one of the APR staff offers you some help, your being a bit unfair in my view just trashing everything he says.

jammydodgerJW

Ok so you believe everything that people tell you? Untill you see it or try it how the hell can you formulate a conclusive decision?

You come on here asking for advice and one of the APR staff offers you some help, your being a bit unfair in my view just trashing everything he says.

When you get a few people saying the same then yes. If you wanted to just brown nose the APR staff then go do it on one of his threads.... fact of the matter is I criticised but I gave evidence to why I criticised I did not just use an opinion.

I dont want to have to try both hence why im gathering peoples thoughts and facts

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
When you get a few people saying the same then yes. If you wanted to just brown nose the APR staff then go do it on one of his threads.... fact of the matter is I criticised but I gave evidence to why I criticised I did not just use an opinion.

I dont want to have to try both hence why im gathering peoples thoughts and facts

Wow what are action

Mar 13, 2010
RStuning are pretty knowledgable but mainly for Reno's/french motor's. Paul is a pretty decent bloke aswell but I have heard of bad experiences from a few close mates. Personally id make the trip and find a dealer that exclusive to VAG as the chances are they deal with the cars on a daily basis and gives you chance to pick there brain.

Ive spend ages doing the same on the leon ( as ive nearly brought one about 5 times) and my car comparing the various software dealers and came to one conclusion, most offer similar in terms of mapping now, as most have caught up with each other, so for me price/location and customer service would come into play, the fact that apr have come in here and answered some of your questions would speak volumes for me and are renowed for customer service. I also like the look of p-torque maps and the fact they map leon race cars is a nice touch. As for people brown nosing various tuners, you asked for peoples views and opinions based on experience, if you didnt want the asnwer then dont ask the question.

I also agree the golf R numbers dont look right from what ive seen.

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Read this before looking on numbers of hp gain on tuners webpages
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353827

Due to my mistake I've learned to not look at tuner numbers when i select a tuner but to believe in my buttdyno and what actually VCDS will show. Why have a tune because the hype says it's good when it's actually braking your engine? Ask for the trial version and go out for a test drive with your VCDS.

jammydodgerJW

Ill probz end up buying neither at this rate lol

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If we can leave the corporate mud-slinging off the forum, we as the forum owners are not in the slightest bit interested in the willy waving.

Much appreciated. :)

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
Has anyone had Revo then changed to APR as I had Revo on my previous Cupra and will be wanting a stage 1 put on the my R in a couple of weeks and as I will have to travel quite a distance for either I wondered if any of you guys have had one on a car then had the other on a different car and preferred one over the other. I hope this wont dig up any arguments as I'm really only looking for some advice before travelling the distance.

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Just look which is closer and which is offering the better deal

That's two of three requirements. Don't forget the difference in quality?

Price and convenience aside, if I can buy a delicious banana with poison in it, or a delicious banana without poison, I'll have the non-lethal banana :happy:

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
I was pretty disappointed with the gains I got from revo stage 1, not the 308bhp but the torque, only produced 271.1 lbft which is way off the mark, especially when you consider I have the very pricey revo PK380 intake. I can't imagine it's doing that much better than a much much cheaper ITG or other commercially available intake.

Having said that, I'm not taking it off, I actually think its more efficient and I like the darth vader noises it makes.

Using 97 super with:
Revo stage 1
Revo PK380 intake
Revo PCV revamp

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Has anyone had Revo then changed to APR as I had Revo on my previous Cupra and will be wanting a stage 1 put on the my R in a couple of weeks and as I will have to travel quite a distance for either I wondered if any of you guys have had one on a car then had the other on a different car and preferred one over the other. I hope this wont dig up any arguments as I'm really only looking for some advice before travelling the distance.

As said above mate. Whatever one is closest. Both are very good quality with years of research and development