Revo with engine management light

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Had revo loaded on the car on thursday. The guy loaded on stage 2 because he said with stage 1 you can get a misfire high up the revs.

I experienced it last night it misfired and the engine management light flashed 3 times. Afte that the car was totally fine un till i was having a ping with my mate (on private land) and the engine management light came on and it is now on all the time.

I was told if you go over 153mph the light can come on and you have to reset this with vagcom? Is that true?

I tried my codereader in the car but it didn't link with the leon. (was for my ibiza)

Does anyone have any ideas why my light is on?

Will get it vagcom'd tomorrow hopefully. If the cable for my ibiza works with the leon.

Poverty

Had revo loaded on the car on thursday. The guy loaded on stage 2 because he said with stage 1 you can get a misfire high up the revs.

I experienced it last night it misfired and the engine management light flashed 3 times. Afte that the car was totally fine un till i was having a ping with my mate (on private land) and the engine management light came on and it is now on all the time.

I was told if you go over 153mph the light can come on and you have to reset this with vagcom? Is that true?

I tried my codereader in the car but it didn't link with the leon. (was for my ibiza)

Will get it vagcom'd tomorrow hopefully. If the cable for my ibiza works with the leon.

No its not true that if you go over 153mph the light will come on as otherwise certain members would have that light on permanently.

The engine flashing sign means to back off, and that the car has recorded a misfire. When it stays on it has recorded a serious misfire, however if you drive it for long enough trouble free the light can eventually go off.

You have the wrong code on your car, I would clear the codes and get the propper stage 1 software for 08 plus cars loaded.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005

Is it happening just above 6krpm Ross? I had this until i fitted a milltek TBE. Its never happened agen since.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
because his revo dealer is clueless, or either he was having difficulty adding the stage 1 map :lol:

On dangerous ground giving a car a stage 2 map without any appropriate mods. Don,t think Revo would be too pleased with him either.Take it back to him, get him to put a stage 1 code on, zero your faults and a full refund:D

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
I thought it was weird that they put stage 2 on with no mods, but as i don't know anything lol i just trusted the revo dealer.

Going to give them a phone on monday morning and ask for stage one!

Think i might give revo an email aswell and see what they say?

Thanks for your replys, Ross.

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
because his revo dealer is clueless, or either he was having difficulty adding the stage 1 map :lol:

Too many times lately im hearing of duff set-ups. And then the garage spouting crap about what they should really know better on. Seems to me theres alot of these cowboys around and luring people in with low prices and false promises. Advice is, steer clear, pay a bit more, go with someone reputable, tried and tested.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
To be fair though, and I am not suggesting this is the case here, people go in wanting the next stage of software thinking it will make their car faster still. What they forget is that the need to spend some coin on components for the next "stage" code to be effective.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Too many times lately im hearing of duff set-ups. And then the garage spouting crap about what they should really know better on. Seems to me theres alot of these cowboys around and luring people in with low prices and false promises. Advice is, steer clear, pay a bit more, go with someone reputable, tried and tested.

tbh Revo is tryed and tested just not the person putting the map on, but you'd think if he was a dealer he would know what he was doing.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
2.0 tsi mate.

I never asked for stage 2, I asked for stage one and the dealer told me he put stage 2 on to stop a misfire :|

I was only charged for stage 1 because thats what i was supposed to be getting. I don't think he was even going to tell me until i asked how much the upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 is once i have mods. He said well actually you are stage 2 just now so your gonna save 60 quid and then he went on to explain.

I also have heard nothing but good things about drivers, thats who loaded it. Gonna take it up 2moro.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Most reputable places who map cars first scan your car for dtc's once this is done and the car is clear then the car will be loaded with the map , then they take the car for a drive to make sure its running ok then re scan the car for dtc's.
if one is found and they are a proper garage they should be able to diagnose simple faults eg coil pack ect easily and rectify them not just go to stage 2 because it cures missfires , the fault your car has is still there and i would be more worried about getting that fixed first then having the right map put on your car.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
stage 1 is usually a generic code whereas stage 2 is more custom, i.e. customised to suit mods. im guessing he might have customised the map to account for the misfire and just called it stage 2. he might have made a mistake somewhere in the mapping...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.