RGB Ambient Footwell Lighting

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Morning everyone

After successfully installing ambient door lights, I thought I would attempt to upgrade the LED footwell lighting to RGB

Bought OEM lights 8W0947415 A, B, C & D
PIN 1 - + from same wire as the ambient door lights
PIN 2 - LIN (PIN 29 on plug C of BCM)
PIN 4 - Earth

Did some coding and it all shows up and changes colour on my MIB, but can't get the actual lights to work.

Typically having issues with OBDeleven and it won't let me email my current backup file. I've attached my backup file from the door install.

Is the power coming from the correct place or can I use the original wiring for the footwell lights?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• obdeleven led rear lights and ambient working.txt
    2.9 MB · Views: 196

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Is RGB an option from seat?
Clearly RGB needs 3 sets of signal to provide the colours

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Works in the screen, just the actual lights won't work

Attachments

• PXL_20230217_211636056.jpg
    PXL_20230217_211636056.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: JoseKaLeL

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Check my post here:

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Thanks @Chillout I've been following all of your posts on there. Your coding was the one I followed. Would you be able to post a copy of your BCM module adapations please, so I can compare to mine?

Would it be worth getting my BCM software updated to a later version?

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Changed the wiring back to the original footwell wiring and still not turning on.

I've managed to pull a backup file last night with how the car is now with @Chillout settings. If anyone can see something I've missed, that would be great!

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• Ambient Footwell Lighting.txt
    382.1 KB · Views: 149

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Legend, much appreciated @Chillout Come across a lot of your work and its amazing! Ive played around with my MST2 with your Toolbox, but thats for another thread

I'll get Lichtfunktion A 30 changed and see what happens

I've come across quite a few different adaptations from drive2.ru, rosstech etc and lost track of some of what has been changed.

Glaskugelservice is already booked and tried (y)

Reactions: Chillout
Mar 31, 2023
@Chillout Have you added rear RGB footwell lights? Where do i tap the +/- from? Is it okay to piggy back from the original footwell lights in the front? I'm planning to make these RGB too from your guide.

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
@Chillout just been looking at an old adaption compared to my last one and have noticed the below. These are new, are they the RGB footwell lights?

Table of Class 0 subsystems:
LIN Product - ID:
LIN Segment Number:
LIN Segment 5
LIN node- address:
f2
LIN Product - ID:
LIN Segment Number:
LIN Segment 5
LIN node- address:
f2
LIN Product - ID:
LIN Segment Number:
LIN Segment 5
LIN node- address:
f2
LIN Product - ID:
LIN Segment Number:
LIN Segment 5
LIN node- address:

Would you know why the last LIN node has a different address to all the others?

Mar 31, 2023
[mention]tallpaul77 [/mention] Not yet only just ordered the connectors from AE and awaiting the order of the OEM lights from TPS. I’ll be sure to upload a full scan once I’ve done it but this won’t be until the end of the month when everything’s arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
@samcupra no worries.

Did you go for the different part numbers A,B,C,D or use all the same? If you did, the connectors are different for 2 of the plugs. I just trimmed down a bit of plastic off the plug and it fits the light. Clicks into place and wont come out

Front lights I replaced the connectors and reused the power and negative that fed the white LEDs that were already in the car.

Took the LIN from the door ambient.

I then have a piggyback loom running to the back of each seat for the rear RGBs

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
After a weekend of playing with the LIN slave modules and groups, still nothing will light up. Double checked all the wiring and happy with that.

Although I'm on a high BCM, is the software too old and need updating? I only have the 10 colours on my ambient colour list and know the later software you can do upto 30

CURRENT
5Q0937084CG
Software version 0236

SEEN
5Q0937084DD
Software version 0273

Will this solve my issues?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.