RiP TFSi

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Early morning drive to work then bang - crash and a 90 degree spin into the front of the lorry that had just whacked me from the right. Quite hairy, looking at the front bumper of a lorry as you are being pushed along the road side on.
I'll probably find out tomorrow morning if I'm damaged in any way as paracetamol seems to have worked on any aches but the car is a write-off. I managed to get it to crawl 200m to a layby but drive is all but gone. Such a shame as it started on the button, ran well and carried my holidaying and work gear around with ease.
I did see another low mileage tfsi for sale last week so they are around, maybe i'll move quick if another one appears.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_9128.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9128.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail_IMG_9118.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9118.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail_IMG_9116.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9116.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 19

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
I’m ok thanks, just some shoulder and arm ache now.
Went and emptied the car of what I thought would be a few things. God there’s some cubby holes in these...my crap filled 2 black bin bags.
I had only filled it up the night before so my mate syphoned out most of the fuel for use in his strada tc. Front wheels were both pointing outwards so can safely say the car is unusable. I’ll find out what scrap yard it’ll be going to , if it’s not vandalised over the weekend, in case anyone looking for spares. The ST will be on daily duties until I can find a suitable replacement for the Freetrack.

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Glad your OK, the car did its job it seems in safety.

I assume the lorry stopped and you got all the right details etc?

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Hi
Yes the lorry stopped and company details exchanged. Haulage company are being less than helpful but insurance co. have said they will deal with that side of things. Sent in photos today of the scrapes and tyre marks along the road , also a video of the dual carriageway as I retraced my drive this morning.

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.