Should I Get Chrome Mirror Caps?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 86.8%

• Total voters

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
So I thought I'd make a thread to show my progress and show off my Leon, now I have regualar internet access!

Its nothing to special, mainly a record of things I have done, and future plans, (to see if i actually do them:lol:) i have in mind.

I bought my car in November 07, with 78K on the clock.
Already had a few marks, and things that arnt quite right, but hopefully will get sorted.

Done:
Fuel Sender Mod
Open Cone Filter
Uprated ChargePipes
18" TSW Thruxton's
UnKnown Remap
Zerosixty Disc's
D/C EGR
Mufflerectomy
Boost Gauge
LCR Splitter
Honeycombe Grill Conversion
Fabia Rear Wiper
HID conversion - 8000K
LED Numberplate Lights
LED Interior Lights
Headlamp Covers
'Cage Mod'
JOM Coilover's
Hifonics 12D4 12" sub - coming out
T1 Audio LS500.2 600 watt Amp - coming out
Mutant MT2000 HU

To Do:

Window Tint's

These pics are from when i first spent a long time, polishing and cleaning everything on my car.
DSCF1025-1.jpg

DSCF1026-1.jpg

DSCF1027-1.jpg

Sometime later, I got round to painting my calipers red

DSCF1231-1.jpg

I then got a remap, (carbon technology's)
I was very happy with the results, MPG stayed the same on average, and it definately pulls harder through the gears.

More to come...

Last edited:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
After quite alot of saving, and some birthday money, I managed to get some 8X18 TSW Thruxton alloys

SPM_A0002.jpg

SPM_A0008.jpg

SP_A0008.jpg

I'd always liked the idea of a nice exhaust for my car, and I had heard the term 'mufflerectomy' quite alot.

After weighing up the idea for a while, i took the plunge.
SPM_A0005.jpg

Literally, chopped the backbox off, and welded a straight pipe to the back of the car, and got a tip welded onto the end.

Was very please with the end result, as on idle and low revs, in town etc, you cant tell the difference, apart from the 'woosh' noise on gear change.

The whoosh is louder or quiter depending on how hard you put your foot down, to change gear.

Another plus of the exhaust is, once your going (2.5Krpm + ) the arse end just comes alive. Dosnt sound like a diesel anymore!

Anyway thats all I've managed in 2 years of ownership, but I have a few other mods instore, that i will keep you updated on.

Im currently, researching how to fit a boost and oil temp gauge, as I plan to take her round the track next year.

Any comment, suggestions are always welcome, but be aware that I am on a very tight budget, as I pay alot for my insurance only being young.. and not being in the best paid job in the world.

Any info on, lowering, brakes and gauge installation would come in very handy;)

thanks for reading :happy:

acidreamer

i think looks good think it might need dropping a little bit on some coilovers or spings

plus you have saved my life i nearly bourght some paint pens today you colour glad i didnt as the colour is totally different

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
thanks guys, yeah it is a beautiful colour when its shiny, (shame about our weather, apart from the sun now!) its also a shame that is noted for being very soft, and easy to chip.

I have hundreds of stone chips all over the front of the car, and also scratches near the door handles, most likely off keys.

Its annoying, but not the end of the world.

Im tempted by some angel eyes also, but theyre a bit pricey for what they are...

ALSO:

Car needs a few bits and bobs doing before i can even begin to save to get it lowered, cambelt and brakes being the major ones.

im thinking im going for EBC Turbo groved and drilled discs, with ferrado DS pads, as I think a big brake conversion would be too pricey, and too much like overkill for me.

Im also planning on fitting the steel braided brake lines at the same time, so when i get round to it, il post more pics

:cool:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Update: 07/06/09

Hey i just thought I'd update, due to the fact I have semi-installed, my boost guage.:)
Basicly its all wired up, tubing in place, (after hours of looking for a way to pass the pipe through to the cabin) but I am currently waiting to take deliverey of my brass tailhose (bearingboys).

All i need now is to install my Oil Temp gauge, and pick up my double A-Pillar gauge pod/:D

So still a little bit of work to do:blink:, but not a bad job for a Sunday afternoon:happy:

A sneaky pic of it semi-installed:whistle:
SPM_A0046.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention that last nightm taking my girlfriend home, all was fine, untill the return leg! :blink:

I was getting a wierd, tapping sensation through the steering wheel, it felt as if I had a flat tyre, and i was perplexed as what it was.
Tyres seemed fine, no bulges, no balance weights lost, so I put it down to the road.
In the morning, went on a mission to try and find a tailhose, I went for a longer drive and the tapping came back, then eventually disappeard.:shrug:
After remembering about it, after I'd finished with the boost gauge, I had a quick check, and I think a knakered ball joint is the cause....:think:

Il keep an update on that aswell.... :cry:

Last edited:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Update: 12/06/09

So I thought I would update, as I have succsefully installed my first ever boost gauge :lol:
But after 2 miles of driving, the lower spring clip on the intercooler pipe, decided to break, causing the pipe to rub on a aux pully, and cutting a nice big hole in it....
BoostGauge.jpg

NewGuageInteriour.jpg

I managed to bodge it up with super-strong duct tape, but everytime i tried to get going (turbo spools up), the tape used to unstick, making a mighty racket in the process, (sounded like an old mercedes sprinter van, on steroids..) and a plooms of black smoke would, spew out of the rear, and made a nice mess of the back of my car...

But its all sorted now, and I got a new pipe, (part number: 1JO 145 770 T),but was very surprised to learn that I had to cut a bracket off that would of got in the way of a pulley on my car, but apart from that it was an exact match, and also picked up some genuine headlamp covers
(part number: ZGB1M5072100, made in Australia lol) , that I am toying with the idea of smoking, as they clip on and off, very easily, and I do most of my driving in daylight hours atm.
SPM_A0065.jpg

SPM_A0066.jpg

On another note, I've ordered a set of Seat Sport interior trim package, and Ive managed to get hold of a gearknob out of a cupra, but the only snag, is its a 6-Speed, and mine is 5, but i was thinking i could just get a new insert? Or just leave it incase I ever put a 6 speed in lol

Last edited:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Update: 14/06/09

Fuel sender mod has been accomplished.

Very surprised with result. Car is alot more eager throughout the rev band, especally over 3K RPM.

Take a look at AndyPandys Sender Mod - TDICLUB, for a quick guide and explanation of why to do this mod.

Any trouble give me a shout, as I was quite confused at first on what to do:lol: Lol

Also, just thought I'd say a big thank you to LEE69, for his help regarding getting a ScanguageII.

Im still unsure as to whether or not it is complient with my car...

I'll keep you posted :)

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Okay, so I'm pretty certain now thanks to a little asking around, and a few emails to various companys that the OBDII ScangaugeII will work with my car, :funk: sooo I will be ordering one from www.ukobd.co.uk

Thanks again to Lee, for making me aware of this bit of kit, and a for being patient, and helpful with a couple of "pesty" PM's:lol:

Its why I keep using these forums, because in all your a friendly bunch, and have been quite patient with my lack of knowledge :whistle:

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Update: 19/06/09

Well! Ive finally got round to replacing my tatty gearknob, and also managed to get hold of a Genuine seat sport trim kit.
SPM_A0081.jpg

SPM_A0082.jpg

SPM_A0085.jpg

GenuineCupraGearknobtrim.jpg

seatsporttrim2.jpg

seatsporttrim1.jpg

seatsporttrim3.jpg

I believe it was about a £250 option on the leon and toledo.

The part number is 1M0064701A.

Also Im picking up my LCR Splitter tommorow from awesome :)

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
no mate, genuine OEM part direct from stealer lol, got it for a special price ;)

I was the same at first mate, but I love it now, think it updates the interior.

Also gonna get some defroster rings in the same trim, LCR pedal kit, and if i can find one, LCR 225 Steering Wheel :lol:

Then when ive finished preppin for the track, save up for some R32 leather :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members