Should I Get Chrome Mirror Caps?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 86.8%

• Total voters

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
oh right, well I'm in Prescot, and work in Warrington lol, so might be a bit of a mission, you'l have to give us a quote on the dents for now, there a "bodywork priority" and if the price is right, and the work is good, moght see you about gettin some scuffs sorted, and see what you have to say about the stone chips I have all over the front of my car lol (the paint is noted for being 'soft')

mattdavies

Pre-Facelift Bumpers FTW
Jan 24, 2009
Maidenhead
Looks like a nice build once i sell my other car hopefully will start a build thread as will have little spare cash, Like the seat sport kit but not a fan of the LCR splitter.

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Update: 29/06/09

AWWWRIGGGGHT:D Giiggidy Giigidy GOoooo!!:happy:

Im very happy today, got my new discs, they look rather good.
ZeroSixty Brake Discs :p

SPM_A0093.jpg

SPM_A0094.jpg

SPM_A0095.jpg

SPM_A0096.jpg

:funk:

All I need now is some decent pads haha, anybody selling any cheap?

After ferrado's ideally, but I can be swayed by other's as long as theyre not shite lol

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
small update: 02/07/09

Just to let everyone know, I am currently in the process of sourcing a PD150 Intake Mani, and EGR Race Pipe. EGR pipe will most likely be from Allard, not sure yet as what the intake is going to be off, but I am enquring with Nirro to try and find out what suits best.

Also, decided I'm probably going to use EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads, as I think theyre a reasonable price, and heard a few good opinions on them. I will most likely be using www.potn.co.uk to get the pads, unless anyone knows where I could get them for less?

Thanks

Rob

a1exw1nter

Just been checking out your thread mate, like the look of those discs. im picking up my silver 02 LC this weekend, starting a thread soon. Got some good tips for modding from your motor, cheers!

a1exw1nter

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
nice one mate, I think ZeroSixty do a multitude of disc sizes, so shouldnt be a problem for your disc size either. I liked the look of grooved and drilled disc's, but with drilled you can loose strength in it, so I chose these as they are dimpled instead of drilled, to retain strength.

Possibly gotta wait a week or 2 before i can get my pads, then I need my brakelines, then il get round to installing them :)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Just had myself a right good read of your thread, looking good mate!

Power wise what you getting out of it? Or are you still pretty much standard on the engine side of things?

I'm contemplating getting headlight protectors and tinting them too aswell as the rear ones, but that's because my car's platinum grey and think would suit it to blend in, not too sure about smoked lights on imperial blue? Would have to see it first! lol.

Are your new brake discs standard size then? Just grooved & dimpled?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
what power do you reckon you've got now then?

airbox is on my list of things to do, but what's the mufflerectmy like? Heard mixed reviews about the sound it makes.

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
I'd always liked the idea of a nice exhaust for my car, and I had heard the term 'mufflerectomy' quite alot.

After weighing up the idea for a while, i took the plunge.
SPM_A0005.jpg

Literally, chopped the backbox off, and welded a straight pipe to the back of the car, and got a tip welded onto the end.

Was very please with the end result, as on idle and low revs, in town etc, you cant tell the difference, apart from the 'woosh' noise on gear change.

The whoosh is louder or quiter depending on how hard you put your foot down, to change gear.

Another plus of the exhaust is, once your going (2.5Krpm + ) the arse end just comes alive. Dosnt sound like a diesel anymore!

I love it mate, one of the best mod's I've done imo, and a cheap one! haha

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Sounds good! Apart from what is that 'whoosh' noise? Little put off by that! Aswell as the smoke that came out at the start, was that because of the backbox being chopped off?

Does look like a decent cheap & cheerful mod though!

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
the smoke at the begining is nothing to worry about mate. D/C EGR so it was still kicking **** out haha
The 'woosh' noise, is a similar noise to that of a dumpvalve, except it comes right out of the exuast!
The noise is good, I need more vids, that one is crap, it was for the purpose of showing someone the tip aha

I highley recomend it. I did mine for £25!

bit of old exhaust pipe, (get about 2ft of it, best if its straight) = £5
exhaust tip = £free :p
Welding = £20 (dont forget to ask them to weld a bracket on)

it really is good mate. Once the turbo spools up, it just sounds so good, to me anyway, sounds like an old rally car or something! Then when you change gear (let the boost of) the pressure tails off down the exhaust making the noise, dosnt half make people spin there head round, specially when they heard the diesel clatter aswell haha

do a search for "mufflerectomy", or "pigeon noise".

It took me a while to decide to do it, but i like it. Also you do get a slight performance gain, as less resistence on the turbo so it spools up quicker :)

Hope that helps :cartman:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Hmmmm, I'm quite interested in this now! Will wait till I'm back at uni in Bangor as I know an exhaust guy down there who gives me good prices ;)

I've noticed that my engine only really sounds like a clattery diesel in 1st gear, every other gear sounds quite beefy and almost sporty, and not diesel like at all! lol.

But I do miss the growl from the exhaust my ibiza had! Loved going through tunnels :cartman: