Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 86.8%

• Total voters

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
3 Points.

I'm well pissed off today.[:@]
Got "paced" doing 45mph, in a 30 zone today. Duel Carriegeway may I add, clear road.
There was a few cars behind me, and i was running a little late for work, and the car in the inside was an unmarked car. Brand new ford mondeo.

Gutted.:cry:

Gave me bollocking, and then slapped me with 3 points, £60 fixed penalty notice, and a Caution.:headhurt:

Was silly of me I know, but you know how it is when you late...

Lesson learned. But I cant help thinking he could of not gave me the points... 3 points for 15mph... just dosnt seem fair, never been in trouble with police in my life. Didnt give any attitude, and just no reasoning.

I'm not bothered about the fine, but arnt the points on my license for 5 years now??
And is this classed as a motoring conviction on motor insurance?

I'm properly pissed off. :(

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Unlucky mate.

I THINK the points are valid for 3 years but its 5 years before you get them removed? thats what mine were anyway.

Yes you should declair them to insurance....wont really make much difference if its just a sp30?

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
oh. well i wont know that till i get it back will i?
Have to surrender my license, so i'm taking it tommorow, along with insurance document, and MOT certifcate.

Or does it say on the actual "fixed penalty notice (endorsable offence)" piece of toilet paper.. :/

gaz258

christ i'm knacked after reading this thread! as for your fine and points, you live and learn, be careful before they add up to a :ban:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Unlucky about the points mate! And yeah it will be an SP30 I think.

My dad last year was late for a dentist appointment, driving down motorway and overtook a Bentley at about 90mph... turns out an unmarked police had been following that Bentley for the past 5 miles... then saw my dad and got him instead!

Unmarked police cars are a real :censored:

I now always slow down when I see a dark coloured Vectra or Mondeo (then to find out it's just some old bloke going slow on the inside lane! [:@]).

But recently in the North Wales area, the police have an unmarked silver skoda octavia vrs and a bright red audi rs4!! :help: Glad I saw them on the hardshoulder with their blue lights on after pulling other people over though!! lol.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
It just means speeding on public road

SP10 Exceeding goods vehicle speed limit
SP20 Exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle (excluding goods or passenger vehicles)
SP30 Exceeding statutory speed limit on public road
SP40 Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit
SP50 Exceeding motorway speed limit
SP60 Undefined speed limit offence

And you should have a SP50 not a 30?? lol

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
hmmmm, just checked with my dad and his was an sp60 for some reason, but looking at that list, surely police should have given him a sp50? ah well, that's the magical world of policing for you!

accampos

Jul 16, 2008
wrexham
sorry for the points mate, worse than that is to overtake an unmarked car on a double line... strange enough got away with the bollocking

accampos

Jul 16, 2008
wrexham
hey lad where did you get the honeycomb grill? been looking for it but can't find it..How much if you don't mind

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Seat dealer mate, you have to mod it to fit like..
WHole bumper off job, so its quite a lot of hassle for such a small thing, but I was happy with the results.

I cant remember off the top of my head how much it was. I know its no expensive though.

Sub - £40 i think.. no more than that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.