Rockingham Qualifying live timing

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you're not really keen on starting the day Qualifying is on live timing on www.msttiming.com

SEAT's are doing well (as I type Darren is in #1) - not the BMW spanking that most were expecting

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Nice one, Turner takes pole. SEAT' first of 2007.

followed by Giovanardi in the Vecta who is the filling on a SEAT sarni as Plato takes 3rd spot.

Then Turkington 4th, Chilton 5th, Murray 6th

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
BTCC.net Press Release

Turner on pole, Turkington excluded

SEAT driver Darren Turner has taken Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship pole position at the Rockingham circuit in Northamptonshire.

On his final lap, Turner, in his SEAT Leon, set a time of 1m24.908s to edge out the Vauxhall Vectra of Fabrizio Giovanardi by just 0.028s.

Turner’s team-mate and the championship leader Jason Plato was third fastest with a best time of 1m24.253s.

Turner, only ninth in the current championship standings, said: "That was a bit tight. My first run run didn’t work out and on the second I got a lot of slower cars in my way. It meant I had just one lap left and fortunately it all came together.

"Let’s hope being on pole means I can get some good results and stay out of trouble. I need to get my title chances back on track."

Team RAC BMW 320si driver Colin Turkington qualified fourth fastest, but later had all his times disallowed after his car failed a weight check procedure at the end of the session. This promoted Vauxhall's Tom Chilton to fourth and, to a best-ever fifth, Irish driver Eoin Murray in Quest Racing's Alfa Romeo 156.
Reigning champion Matt Neal, second in the current standings in his Team Halfords Honda Civic, completed the top six.

Turkington, third in the championship, will be forced to start the first of tomorrow's three rounds from the last row on the 26-car grid. The only driver behind him will be Independents Drivers' points leader driver Adam Jones who failed to set a time after his Team Air Cool SEAT Toledo hit engine problems in second practice earlier in the day.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
officially it says car wouldn't start... but some people seem to be hinting at other things

I really didn't think the SEAT (official team) would run well... I'm happy they did

and I'm happy that daddy's little soldier isn't allowed to test, so has naff all setups

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise