Rolling Road Preperations

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about sticking my car on the rolling road just for curiosity sake.

Just wondering if there are any preparations i would have to make before doing this. Also, is it quite hard on the car, and what is involved in the run?

Thanks in advance

Andy

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Thanks, from what i can gather is it a couple of runs up to the redline in 3 or 4th gear? Is that right?

Yeah wouldn't dream of putting it on with problems, vag com'd it with no codes and drives fine

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
depending on what dyno, normally 4th/5th as a rule, they'll only just do it til the peak powere & torque is acheived unless you aske the to redline it.

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Cheers guys.

Willie, is that something the operators told you or were you doing it at the same time with vag-com? I have never done a rolling road before so its all new...

I'm ashamed to admit it but i only have the shareware version of vag-com currently, but full version is on the cards.

Andy

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The operator stick a sensor up your exhaust, these are notoriously bad at reading the emissions but the figure was well bad for me

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Cheers guys!

I can tell you now, nobody is shoving anything up my exhaust......:D (i know childish)

Will be keeping an eye on everything, wouldn't want to damage the car as i am only doing this for curiosity and i have a 400 mile drive to do at the beginning of next week! I'm sure, as you say they will bring anything to my attention, will probably mention before i start that if there is a hint of something not right to stop.

Andy

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers guys!

I can tell you now, nobody is shoving anything up my exhaust......:D (i know childish)

Will be keeping an eye on everything, wouldn't want to damage the car as i am only doing this for curiosity and i have a 400 mile drive to do at the beginning of next week! I'm sure, as you say they will bring anything to my attention, will probably mention before i start that if there is a hint of something not right to stop.

Andy
No need to mention this, this should be the thing at the forefront of their minds

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise