Roof bars for mk 4 three door

Remy98

Hi guys, need to buy roof bars but confused about fitment. So all bars that are listed as compatible from Thule, Halfords and Cruz bars on roofbox.co.uk look easy to fit on the front but how do they fit on the rear, being that the the window doesn't open and there's no door, etc! Has anyone got experience using bars on a three door? If anyone fancies selling there's I'd be interested too.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
I've got a set, they sort of clip into the gap between the window and car frame if that makes sense.

I'll get some pics up later if you like

peteh80

Im thinking of Getting the Thule Aero blade bars and i know how they fit- if you have any oictures theat would be great to see how they look fitted etc

ps- do you get much wind noise off them?

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
IMG_20130412_103530.jpg

IMG_20120422_112702.jpg

You can kinda see in these pics how it slots into the gap above the window.

peteh80

Looks good, do you get much wind noise without the bikes? Dont want to have to take the bars off everytime not in use etc etc....
Which bike mounts are those?

peteh80

Looks good, do you get much wind noise without the bikes? Dont want to have to take the bars off everytime not in use etc etc....
Which bike mounts are those?

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Erm I don't generally leave them on, but obviously there is a bit more than normal.

They are very easy to remove, so I wouldn't worry about that. Literally takes me 2 minutes.

They are pretty cheap mounts of ebay actually. But I probably wouldn't buy them again, I ride a few different types of bike and not all fit due to the thickness of the frame, or high BB etc.

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
Definitely go for Atera roof bars, they are brilliant, quick and easy to put on and off the car, I use then a lot for surf boards, I also have a halfords roof mount bike rack which fits perfectly on the Atera aero bars.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members