S3 upper front strut brace Q:

turbin

Just picked it up today. Was like £90 here in Sweden...

How do you go about fiddling it in under the bonnet strut?

And while drilling the holes... can anything go really south? I think my coilover is safe....

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I had to notch a small section out on mine to get it to properly miss the gas strut
When fitting just measure twice cut once, make sure you are happy before drilling

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
See below
P1010099.jpg

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
I used M10 x 25mm allen cap head bolts, with M10 washer top and bottom.
I didnt remove the suspension, all i did was jack the car up enough for the front wheels to drop all the way down. You can then get in with a combination 17mm open end/floppy head socket spanner. When you mark out the holes for drilling, make sure the brace is centred on the top of the strut. If you dont, theres a ridge that the holes will straddle, and it will make tightening the bolts extra fiddly. All i did to get it to fit under the gas strut was to remove the gas strut using a flat blade screwdriver behind the clip, get a mate to hold the bonnet up, and bend the bracket away from the strut using a small adjustable spanner.

Hope this helps!!

turbin

I used M10 x 25mm allen cap head bolts, with M10 washer top and bottom.
I didnt remove the suspension, all i did was jack the car up enough for the front wheels to drop all the way down. You can then get in with a combination 17mm open end/floppy head socket spanner. When you mark out the holes for drilling, make sure the brace is centred on the top of the strut. If you dont, theres a ridge that the holes will straddle, and it will make tightening the bolts extra fiddly. All i did to get it to fit under the gas strut was to remove the gas strut using a flat blade screwdriver behind the clip, get a mate to hold the bonnet up, and bend the bracket away from the strut using a small adjustable spanner.

Hope this helps!!

that's nice, tnx. Believe I have all the info I need for surgery now ;)

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
Ok chaps just got mine today, how much movement do you think there is in the turrets before fitting the brace( 1,2mm) I ask this because it's a none adjustable brace so every bolt and hole need to be drilled dead on and of correct diameter.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.