Sa polo - now fitted with ABF

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Nice looking car and I completely agree with the comment on having made the ugliest duckling into a beauty. Very impressed, as the car standard in my opinion is horribly looking: whilst this is gorgeous.

Very much the same with the Focus hatchback previous model...

Good job and let us know with pictures how the engine swap is going. What does the new 16v engine put out compared to the old one?

mehmet_vw

hi..i have got a polo classıc.your car ıs beautıful;) what do your cars wheels ofsett ?..
for example 17" et45 or et 40 .

stani540

Jan 21, 2007
its just the dash out of the whole polo 6n2 range here, its in the the polo player aswell

was thinking off putting one in my ibiza but the biza dash has grown on me!!!

Love those lm replicas what company did you get them from see if i can find a dealer in the uk!!

SA Polo

Apr 17, 2008
South Africa
www.vwclub.co.za
Love those lm replicas what company did you get them from see if i can find a dealer in the uk!!

They are made by lowenhart racing, mine are narrow and wides, but mostly they are narrow all around from other companys.

My buddy has a set on his G5 Gti in 19" aswell
G55.jpg

I like the new wheels alot...definitely your best choice. Given me an idea for my LCR...

Thanx jason,

Is it you with the light guard covers that are made black??

JamJay

California Bound
They are made by lowenhart racing, mine are narrow and wides, but mostly they are narrow all around from other companys.

My buddy has a set on his G5 Gti in 19" aswell
G55.jpg

Thanx jason,

Is it you with the light guard covers that are made black??

Lowenhart, that's still pretty good going dude...part of the Racing Hart (Sprint Hart is there also) family, most popular in Japan amongst their motor racing teams. A very durable & light weight wheel you have there...damn expensive here in the UK also. Around the same price as I payed for my Volk's on the Honda *cough* almost £1000 with no tyres in 16" *cough*

I am afraid it isn't me with the light guards, I am fresh to the VAG family but over time there will be a few subtle changes I am sure.

Last edited:

SA Polo

Apr 17, 2008
South Africa
www.vwclub.co.za
Also redid the front Golf 4 Gti spoiler i have on the polo, after hitting a wooden pallet in the road the centre grill cracked and some paint came off the spoiler aswell.

Before
Spoiler01.jpg

After
Spoiler02.jpg

And something that some ppl wont like, but so far have not gotten bad remarks about it, custom R8 driving lights.
L01.jpg

SA Polo

Apr 17, 2008
South Africa
www.vwclub.co.za
Lowenhart, that's still pretty good going dude...part of the Racing Hart (Sprint Hart is there also) family, most popular in Japan amongst their motor racing teams. A very durable & light weight wheel you have there...damn expensive here in the UK also. Around the same price as I payed for my Volk's on the Honda *cough* almost £1000 with no tyres in 16" *cough*

If i take our currency and convert it into pounds i paid £350 for my set of 17" LM's :p

Which is not to bad i guess.

JamJay

California Bound
That is very very cheap. Maybe they are not the Lowenhart's I was thinking of & just a thought, Lowenhart were the stupidly oversized (22" etc) division on the company for 4x4's, Merc's & Bentley's. Which ever though, still a very nice looking wheel you have there, would love a set at that price what ever brand they are!

SA Polo

Apr 17, 2008
South Africa
www.vwclub.co.za
That is very very cheap. Maybe they are not the Lowenhart's I was thinking of & just a thought, Lowenhart were the stupidly oversized (22" etc) division on the company for 4x4's, Merc's & Bentley's. Which ever though, still a very nice looking wheel you have there, would love a set at that price what ever brand they are!

Could be a cheap knock off with just lowenhart centre caps:lol:

Ill have a look this week whats stamped on the inside of the rim.

Mat

nice car, think you need to invest in a tripod that doesn't keep falling over ;)

SA Polo

Apr 17, 2008
South Africa
www.vwclub.co.za
Well havent posted in a while... so heres some updates.

The past saturday the clutch broke on the polo.....so what better reason then to start with the motor transplant:D

Pulling old motor out
ABF03.jpg

old faitfull 1.6i lump gone
ABF04.jpg

ABF being dropped in
ABF98.jpg

bolted into place
ABF54.jpg

ABF55.jpg

Started doing the wiring, almost done
ABF40.jpg

Car was towed to the exhaust shop this morning for a custom branch, should have her back tomorrow:funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members