Sals Leon Cupra - Sold and Missed :-(

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
right guys, got lots ofstone chips like everyone else and have decided to sort them out. i cleaned the area with some cellulose thinners and then used OEM touh up paint but for some reason the paint is a bit darker [:@]

pic here:
14102010223.jpg

the dark spots are where i have touched up!

i will be 'wet sanding' these using 3000, 2000, 1500 grit paper then using my new rotary polishing machine with some 3M products i have recently purchased.

Will try to keep the thread updated :whistle:

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
might paint the alternator and throttlebody black to make sure they dont stand out like a sore thumb and they will also colour co-ordinate with the engine bay.

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i am currently working on re-fitting my FMIC as 1 it has a boost leak somewhere and 2 i want to mount it higher - i have been told by a few on here that its possible to mount it level with the headlights so will work on that and maybe will have my fogs back.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Nice work bud, like the polished items :)

Did you just get an exhaust place to make the aftermarket downpipe/standard cat jobbie? Thinking about doing the same, as i don't want the hassle at MOT time, was also thinking about gutting the cat at a later point? Not sure how turbo cars fare with this though

Nimzy

Sep 19, 2007
Yorkshire
The polished Mani looks spot on, your engine bay is a nice example of what one should look like keep up the hard work, hope you found the boost leak and got it sorted.

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
right guys, got lots ofstone chips like everyone else and have decided to sort them out. i cleaned the area with some cellulose thinners and then used OEM touh up paint but for some reason the paint is a bit darker [:@]

pic here:
14102010223.jpg

the dark spots are where i have touched up!

i will be 'wet sanding' these using 3000, 2000, 1500 grit paper then using my new rotary polishing machine with some 3M products i have recently purchased.

Will try to keep the thread updated :whistle:

Mate - I bet you wished you had stopped when you touched up the first chip.
Good luck with the sanding. Hope it sorts it.
Your car looks great btw apart from the dot to dot on the bonnet........:shrug:

strugers1

I see your car monday, you turned up to give nick a turbo I believe?
I had the blue seat leon that was there:) car looks good except front bumper is off lol

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
Looking good fella, loving the polished cam cover looks really well, proper shame about the bonnet like but hey, at least there wont be any stone chips at all once its done, glass half full and all that ha ha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.