Sam's boost leak machine :) now with a fat arse :D

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Nice to see it fitted matey! better than in a box in my garage enjoy! you get better airflow with that beast tis huge!

Pyro

Yea it's a fair bit bigger than my old cone only just fits in :-o lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Nice one Sam, been meaning to read through your RR for a while. Cant quite make it out in the pic (not a surpise :p) but did you put any restraint or anything on the cone to stop if flapping about and knackering your MAF? Or is it kinda wedged in under the catch can pipes? I keep wanting a jetex but not quite sure if i want the sound yet.

Pyro

Cheers fella :) the cones in nice and tight mate so won't be flapping anywhere ;) lol I do have a braket in tgere tho from the old one ;) the sounds great to can hear the turbo sucking up half the world ;)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Ah right. Half of me wants the sound - half of me doesnt (I like to be a bit stealth and not too much of a cliche sometimes. Sometimes :)). I'm still got the BMC that I bought the car with and got some logs recently and its only pulling 190 odd g/s which is low compared to what I've seen an open cone.

Pyro

Ah right. Half of me wants the sound - half of me doesnt (I like to be a bit stealth and not too much of a cliche sometimes. Sometimes :)). I'm still got the BMC that I bought the car with and got some logs recently and its only pulling 190 odd g/s which is low compared to what I've seen an open cone.
that's a rough 237 bhp stage I'm guessing?? Seems a tad low IMHO get a cone on there see what I pulls then? ;)

thats fooking big!

forget 'stretch'... 'Its all about the squeeze' ;)
yup proper tight just fits without squashing it :D lol shame there's no room for cold air :cry:

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
that's a rough 237 bhp stage I'm guessing?? Seems a tad low IMHO get a cone on there see what I pulls then? ;)

Yeah I know - when I got it the chap said there was a map on it but had no docs so i thought he was just BSing it, and not totally convinced that my AMD RR graph is accurate, but just the funds mate - just spent on getting cruise control, and now need to get 2 tyres, tax, full service and insurance in the next couple of months. I knew I should have spread it out a bit more :doh:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Yeah I know - when I got it the chap said there was a map on it but had no docs so i thought he was just BSing it, and not totally convinced that my AMD RR graph is accurate, but just the funds mate - just spent on getting cruise control, and now need to get 2 tyres, tax, full service and insurance in the next couple of months. I knew I should have spread it out a bit more :doh:

don't worry about it matey just probably need a service and a new maf etc

Pyro

Well today I did oil and filter change managed to blag a mate to let me use the ramps at quick fit :D tomoz new sidelight bulbs numberplate bulbs and need to rewire my head light :( think I might just get HID's to sort out this dam wire that keeps burning out :banghead: then next weekend it's back off to the mot centre for my third test :-o lol let's hope it passes :)

Also gunna give it a good clean and polish inside out tgen will post sone picys :)

Pyro

Rite update time :)

Had rick from here come and fit a new cam chain tensioner as mine was fooked :( started at about 4:15 finished about 6 I think maybe later not to sure tbh lol but got it done all new gaskets new plugs new tensioner cleaned the rocker cover and inlet manni up a bit :) cars now running really sweet had a slight issue take the inlet cam out but got there in the end :D well rick did ;) lol so hoping I'll ve back on the road in a week or so

Also found that two plugs were a bit loose and had some carbon build up cleaned it up fitted sone new ones and I'm hoping I was loose power down to this :D but think it's probably wishful thinking lol

Took some pics of our cars (well mainly ricks) but not of the work lol so here they are
f7a4a45f.jpg
42f1b68c.jpg
9ba79613.jpg
ea6a9f75.jpg

Pyro

What time did you get on the strip (Santa pod)

Thinmy best was mid 15 mate running with boost leaks will be doing it again with my new Tyres new cone new plugs new oil and new tensioner soon tho :p hoping for 14's all the runs I did were with **** tyres and boost ceases so really need a new figure ;) lol

onapper

I took my car on the strip and I got 14.4 seconds. I could do better because I kept on getting **** starts.