Santa pod report!

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
Just got back and quite happpy track wasn't open till 12:30 due to being wet and greasy.

1st run everat santa pod against amk4 golf gti running 204 bhp his first time as well

I spun it through 1, 2 and 3 and got crap time of 18 sec!!!! every car was sitting at the line spinning and not moving

second run traction control on

16sec dead reallly please due to circumsantances

3rd run KA 2.0 turbo 202 bhp everyone was crowding it praising himm etc. etc.

I killed it 15sec dead run!! :lol: (traction off)

ran 8 times and won all

every was complaining about traction

leon cupra R 15.7

clio sport tuned 15.2

200nx 300bhp 14.5

etc every one was getting bad times

So final run had

nothing to lose launch real well and got a 14.89 :funk: 95 exit time!

well please considering bettle drag racer got 14.5

Few runs i just spun and 1.6 car where getting about 5 car ahead off me but soon caught up and over toke

well pleased i got under 15 secs got lots of vids :D

Triple D

Bet your chuffed with that final run :D how did the clutch hold out?

RALF

Dec 10, 2003
london
Visit site
I was there not racing mind you, the last run of yours i saw was against the ka, i left about 3:30 as my legs where dead after standing up most of the day. Though in the 4-5 years i've been going i have never seen it that busy. I think the most i have ever done on one day was 16 :funk:

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
When i told him it was a deisel at the end his face dropped he has spent 20k + of that!

Ka's friend what me to post vid on a furom as he shut's his month of about his car all the time,

MY clutch went brill so did gear box car is now offically ran in now driving home it felt like it was an animal

the track was soo greasy! don't you think one run spun through 3rd gear gave up put it in 4 gear to get to end of track torque pulled me and still beat a 1.4 sporting punto! grat fun

there was a golf tdi there mk4 with 200bhp was sgetting low 16's high 15's

very chuffed nice day out!

RALF

Dec 10, 2003
london
Visit site
Wait till later in the year, the strip will get quicker after a few of the dragsters have run over it and lasi some rubber down. I thought about running but the que put me off and i doubt i would have got very good time's.

Glad you enjoyed it though, adictive isnt it :)

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
host them vids boy and post up the links ;)

I went this time of the year 2 or 3 years ago, was so slippery, know what you're talking about! Very respectable times, congrats

Triple D

Im going to the next one you go to caney to see what yours can do after you took me for a blast in it today. It was absolutly astonishing:scary: :drive1:
I would hate to be up against your car though, but if you wanted to give me a head statrt i could cover you in soot:lol:

caney

Apr 24, 2005
spaniels fr said:
Im going to the next one you go to caney to see what yours can do after you took me for a blast in it today. It was absolutly astonishing:scary: :drive1:
I would hate to be up against your car though, but if you wanted to give me a head statrt i could cover you in soot:lol:
might not have to give you a headstart once yours is chipped;)

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
it takes a few goes to get the right amount of power down at the start that's what its all about!

first run wheel spin half way down the track up to 70- in 3rd and thought the clutch or gear box was gone so nearly in tears!

got some pratice in now so happy. when did the 14.9 in the conditions lon perfect day looking at a little less!

18.9 first run

14.89 last run

all my runs where video recorded and not one trace of diesel smoke!!!!

I'm going down 29th so will be great to race a tuned 130

Triple D

redcupratdi said:
I'm going down 29th so will be great to race a tuned 130
Mine wont be chipped by then but i may not be going down that route. Someone has offered me a vt2 turbo and ecu for pretty good money and that should take mine up to about 230 bhp then hopefully.But i would need a clucth before i wnet to santa pod to do some runs.It would be good to see 14 dead but will have to wait and see.

Turbo ZR

Ibiza Newbie
Jul 5, 2005
Cambs, UK
Nice to see you there mate, if you do go next week let me know and i'll run against you. I'll have mine sorted for then.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
spaniels fr said:
Mine wont be chipped by then but i may not be going down that route. Someone has offered me a vt2 turbo and ecu for pretty good money and that should take mine up to about 230 bhp then hopefully.But i would need a clucth before i wnet to santa pod to do some runs.It would be good to see 14 dead but will have to wait and see.

i think u'll stuggle to get 14 dead with 230 bhp,
Torque just kills the launch but would be nice

may or may not be down next wkend but good luck
aiming for 14.6 when warm and got some expereince!

since being at the pod the car feels soo loose and engine revs freer must be down to all that revving.

hi ZR

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
To be honest, the day was a shambles. Santa Pod's organisation of the event was dismal as ever. Yet again they fail to ensure people get a full days racing. Yeah the track was wet, but it was not due to rain just dampness. But what time did they start prepping it, 9.30, well done did they honestly think it would be ready for 10!.

Also the queuing situation needs to be addressd. Again some cocks decided to try cuting up by the crossroads near the Cafe. even though others had waited nealry 30 minutes to get to that point in the "real" queue. I got pissed off and told security to go sort it out, which they did do. Although twat in a Starlet got a bit mouthy, but soon changed his mind ( i dunno why)

Redcupratdi, not too sure how god you rvideo camera was, but yeah it took us about 2 secs to work out wat fuel you were running, lovely plumes.

The guys i went with were no too happy it times. The Nova which was not running with any NOS got a 14.1, usually he gets 13.1 an his best so far is a 12.9. But he had less problem with launch due to his LSD working very wellon the day. One of the others with us got a 13.7 in his ickle 106 rallye, but play was ended early due to a leaky sump nut on th enew baffled sump DOH! My other mate in his 206cc also found it very hard to get any traction, he got a 15 sec dead but that really does not do justice to it. On the way back home down the M1 he annihalated a scooby on the run, and i am pleased the 20vt is going cos i'm sure he would kill mine as much as i would hate to admit it. And the other girl with us was too scared to take her 4 week old Alfa 147 GTA up the strip, fair play though she is still running it in.

I have today sent a complaint e-mail to santa pod about their organisation, especially as it has gone up this year to £20 and seems busier than ever ( so its not as if they are doing it for free) i suggst anyone else who went yesterday does the same.

On the SEAT side, saw REDCUPRATDI obviously, there was also an LCR ( i think standardish apart from neuspeed filter), a Toledo 1.8t Sport which was going up most of the day. a couple of mk3's one of which got beat by something silly ( and for love of it i can remember what car baet him it will come to me) the one with the front mount too! There was also some wierd Mk3 in a very light blue with pink graphics down the side which looked like an oscilloscope or something.

Best car of the day was the £150k's worth of MG SVT which only managed one run, awesome car though.

If you are thinking of goin up the pod, best advise is to leave it till MArch april time, as its just too slippery until well ino the event. By about 3 ish the track was in good condiditon, but they used no glue all day due to lack of heat. It was also vey cold and was the first time i actually though fireforce would have been good to see ( just to warm it up a bit)

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
agreed ant FR (little dissapointed) with that well hard to run! and waited from 9:00 till 12:3 ill my first run [:@]

on my first run got no instructions where to go at the start or end nothing!

every one was complaining about the track so in march hoping for a a better day don't think i'll go down next week.

great day out to just watch or to run! highly recommended :D

well done with 13.9 i would of loved to see it what bhp is it?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.