Sat Nav and display question

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Apologies in advance if this has already been raised but I did a quick search on here and not sure tbh😣

SO, out for a drive in the Cupra today and decided would be a good time to try the Sat Nav, easy enough to input my destination and tbf seemed pretty good, however as I got into familiar roads and so didn't need "Jeeves" twittering on I wanted to turn off the navigation....how do you turn it off? I wound up asking the car to turn it off but that didn't work (Could be my accent or incorrect wording) but I'd have thought there was a way to turn off the Sat Nav manually?

Secondly I've seen screen shots of the dash in "Classic view" but with the map in between the clocks, how do you select this or indeed the middle portion information, I've tried the very good and informative guide on YouTube but struggled with this part.

Thanks in advance and will hopefully be posting a review on my experiences with the car soon.👍😎

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
With the nav on the main screen there is a progress bar on the right hand side. At the top is a little destination symbol, press that.

With regards to the dash display I think you just keep pressing view until the little nav screen appears in the middle?

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
With the nav on the main screen there is a progress bar on the right hand side. At the top is a little destination symbol, press that.

With regards to the dash display I think you just keep pressing view until the little nav screen appears in the middle?
So if I press the destination symbol whilst in Navigation will that in turn cancel the Navigation?

As regards the dash I get what your saying and have tried that but the only one that pops up readily with the Nav in the middle is the "Seat view" not the traditional analogue dials (Albeit digitally reproduced) with the map in the middle?
However....the video guide suggests that you can also pick the central part of the dash information same as you can the left and right sections?

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Have just revisited the YouTube video and it looks as though as long as neither of the side information is still in an "Edit mode" (there's a small arrow in either section if it is) then the middle section can be changed simply by scrolling through using the small wheel on the right hand spoke of the steering wheel, once happy with your selection simply press "OK" (Definitely trying this tomorrow)

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Have just revisited the YouTube video and it looks as though as long as neither of the side information is still in an "Edit mode" (there's a small arrow in either section if it is) then the middle section can be changed simply by scrolling through using the small wheel on the right hand spoke of the steering wheel, once happy with your selection simply press "OK" (Definitely trying this tomorrow)
That sounds like it. I was on the second of two large gin and tonics when I posted :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Doogle

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
If I want to switch it off with voice control then saying "cancel navigation" or "cancel route guidance" usually works.
Yeah I thought that might be the case but it didn't work, possibly didn't understand me, and enough the missus doesn't now the damn car?😵😬

Jan 9, 2023
Hello, new here just got new Ateca Cupra. I am also finding it difficult with infotainment system. A couple of questions, when i switched sat nav on it immediately put itself in the middle of dash display. This is fine, but how do you put it back to original layout, which had speed showing in middle which was good? Also, how to delete destinations set in sat nav, cant seem to delete them?

Nov 29, 2022
The only glitch I seem to have is that a couple of minutes after I turn the infotainment on and sign in, I get a message saying ‘change settings - cancel / okay’, not a big issue (I just hit cancel) but any ideas why this is happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
The only glitch I seem to have is that a couple of minutes after I turn the infotainment on and sign in, I get a message saying ‘change settings - cancel / okay’, not a big issue (I just hit cancel) but any ideas why this is happening?

It used to happen on daily basis for few days after I picked up the car from dealer. Then I just went through with clicking "okay". And then it never returned. Kinda weird.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK

Minor software update is my thought, no idea what though - maps maybe?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hello, new here just got new Ateca Cupra. I am also finding it difficult with infotainment system. A couple of questions, when i switched sat nav on it immediately put itself in the middle of dash display. This is fine, but how do you put it back to original layout, which had speed showing in middle which was good? Also, how to delete destinations set in sat nav, cant seem to delete them?
Errrr, maybe read the manual? But to save you the bother, press the buttons on the RH side of steering wheel which show a rectangle icon until the display section you want to change is highlighted, then scroll with the RH scroll button until the display you want to see it showing, then save by pressing the scroll button.

Reactions: Fencer60

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
Minor software update is my thought, no idea what though - maps maybe?
From my understanding it's rather some sort of bug between synchronization of settings between car and cloud. If you're logged in Cupra profile on your car it uses the cloud for two things I suppose:
1. Backup for the car settings like climate control or seat etc.
2. Grants you access to Cupra Connect (maps update or app)

After I picked a car it came on each time I started the engine. I had all infotainment settings set up the way I wanted - and then when I finally clicked okay to see what will happen it reloaded the tablet and changed some settings like turned off lane assist vibration. I just went through all settings again and changed them back and then this pop up never came back.

Jan 9, 2023
Errrr, maybe read the manual? But to save you the bother, press the buttons on the RH side of steering wheel which show a rectangle icon until the display section you want to change is highlighted, then scroll with the RH scroll button until the display you want to see it showing, then save by pressing the scroll button.
Hello, I did read it, I also contacted local Cupra dealer and they also didnt have a clue!

Jan 9, 2023
Hello, I did read it, I also contacted local Cupra dealer and they also didnt have a clue!
This does not work on my car. If I press either left or right buttons it just changes whats shown in the middle of the display. Eg full consumption, track time etc.
Whatever I do does not change left and right displays, one of which currently shows oil temp.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
On the Formentor, press left button and a white line appears around the left display area, use the right scroll wheel to move through the options and press the wheel to select. Press the right button (twice if you’re on the left display) to show the white line around the right display, again scroll through the options with the right scroll wheel and press to select. If there’s an option in a display setting, press the left or right button again to enter the sub-menu and scroll again and press it to select the required option.

if yours doesn’t do this, maybe it’s different in the Ateca and you should try in the forum for that car?

Jan 9, 2023
On the Formentor, press left button and a white line appears around the left display area, use the right scroll wheel to move through the options and press the wheel to select. Press the right button (twice if you’re on the left display) to show the white line around the right display, again scroll through the options with the right scroll wheel and press to select. If there’s an option in a display setting, press the left or right button again to enter the sub-menu and scroll again and press it to select the required option.

if yours doesn’t do this, maybe it’s different in the Ateca and you should try in the forum for that car?
Thanks, it is different in Ateca, I will try Cupra Forum.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise