Sat Nav Database Not Available - can you help?

Tell

Staff member
Quick update. The dealer is still stringing me along about posting out a card claiming the last one must have been lost in the post. Latest is they have ordered a brand new card from Seat and will forward it to me allegedly next week. From the above, I know it will not work unless I make the DIY changes above, but at least I will have a card (if they actually send it). Will update mid next week but I’m not holding my breath!

I'd pop it in first just in case the car never had a card installed in it, in it's life then it will configure itself on that release. Then if that fails follow the instructions for lost and stolen cards and then the workaround for the latest update. I'd copy that card out to your PC as well before doing anything just in case it's the latest one to save downloading it again. 1520 is the latest one.

Reactions: Walone

300Cup

Feb 19, 2021
So final and positive update. Turns out the dealer was being honest about sending an SD card a couple of weeks ago. A few days ago I got a note through the letterbox from Royal Mail to say an underpaid item was waiting for me and I need to pay £1.50 to get it. Normally I ignore these as they turn out to be junk but decided to pay up and take a chance. Today an underpaid envelope arrived with a Europa 1(V3) card in it. Funny thing was also in today’s delivery was a brand new boxed Europa 1 (V6) card!

Thought I’d try the older card first and turns out it worked. Then I tried the V6 card and that works straight out of the box also! Not sure why but there does not seem to be any “pairing” with the cards so they were both plug and play which is awesome! Thanks for all the advice but turns out I didn’t need to do anything and will only need to play around if I want more up to date maps.
95902506-A6BD-4E32-A841-3B278E5EAAE4.jpeg

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
What it means is the unit was paired with V6 or something above.

Anyhow you take a copy of that V6 card. That's your overall.nds file in that. You can then use the V3 card as the one for your update following the workaround or even the overall.nds file on that card it doesn't matter. Then follow the workaround method to get to the latest update. Lucky you, you got two cards :). It does have it's uses to try out the updates. Just remember to do the long press on the on/off button to put a reboot in between changing cards so it re-reads all the card rather than a hot boot. Think if you left it 20 minutes you would get a cold boot in any case but if you have two cards there is a danger that you would alter the card put it in etc. Good practice to do that reboot.

PS when I lived in London the collection depo would open the post behind the screen and then say do you want to pay for that ?. o_O

Reactions: Walone and 300Cup
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.