Satnav SD card upgrade.

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi all,
I have owned a 2016 Leon FR for just over a year now, and have been contemplating updating my Version 1 Navigation maps, but after reading about the cost from the main stealers and the faffing around with trying to download updates and install them yourself I gave up and stuck with what I had. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a PM from a member who saw an old post that I had been inquiring on about update and he sent me a link to this site. https://satnavstore.com/ALLCARS/Seat/seat-as-sd-card-map
I emailed the company to ask if they need to be activated in any way and he said no..just remove old SD card from card slot with ignition OFF..insert new card in same slot (slot 2 on mine) turn on ignition and wait for system to load new map data. I was a bit dubious but for £35 I took the plunge and ordered one.
(V12 2020 map 6P0919866)
I can report it works loads perfectly and works fine.
So if anyone is looking to upgrade their maps I would recommend this product. Just make sure you car system is compatible, all instructions to find out if it is can be found on the website link.
Hope this helps anybody that is thinking about upgrading and a big thanks to Steven Rowan for the original link.

Reactions: MATT RILEY

Varnie

Dec 12, 2015
While your on the subject of updating the sat nav. I was wondering if anyone would know if I copy the data off my mums 2020 ateca. Would if be compatible with my 2013 leon?

Sorry I'm not trying to hijack your thread.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
While your on the subject of updating the sat nav. I was wondering if anyone would know if I copy the data off my mums 2020 ateca. Would if be compatible with my 2013 leon?

Sorry I'm not trying to hijack your thread.

In summary, no. The 2013 Leon has an MIB 1 unit, which requires dealer supplied SD maps card c.£100. The MIB 2 units started to be fitted to VAG cars in 2015 and you can update these via the SD cards and they are compatible with Apple Car Play etc.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
In summary, no. The 2013 Leon has an MIB 1 unit, which requires dealer supplied SD maps card c.£100. The MIB 2 units started to be fitted to VAG cars in 2015 and you can update these via the SD cards and they are compatible with Apple Car Play etc.
No luck for me then with my 2014 280, luckily there are only a couple of new roads in my area where I go "Off Map" new car is the only time I will be sorting this.

Varnie

Dec 12, 2015
Thanks for the info

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.