SCN Badger 5 UK ROLLING ROAD meet for all ko4 2.0 tfsi's feb 2014********

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Thought i had explained it in an earlier post but here goes again

I remember on some earlier Revo tunes they were requesting more fuel pressure than a standard pump could produce

as you have a upgrade you may be able to reach the values that are being requested

Its from memory so like i said im not sure if its 100% right so that's why I asked the question

Just for the record its not that the pumps could not produce the pressure , the pump could not sustain the pressure.
The pressure was constantly being bled off and rising back up again.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Just for the record its not that the pumps could not produce the pressure , the pump could not sustain the pressure.
The pressure was constantly being bled off and rising back up again.

so a standard pump wont be able to sustain a requested 130 bar?

what I am trying to say is that is if it had a standard Fuel pump on would you have different results ?

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
When I bought my car off Al it had the standard fuel pump back on with the low Revo settings but it was producing nearly the same as the APR unit. He done some logs to confirm iirc. The seals would have blown if it stayed that way tho, that's why I fitted the autotech internals ASAP.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
so a standard pump wont be able to sustain a requested 130 bar?

what I am trying to say is that is if it had a standard Fuel pump on would you have different results ?

Yes , if you run a car on Revos old 130 bar requested fuel pressure it will hit 130 bar but drop soon after , then would slowly build the pressure back up reach 130 bar again and then drop again.
People started to add the RS4 valve to overcome the problem , the only real way to sustain the the pressure was to swap out the internals for auto tech , kmd or apr pumps

The Tfsi engines were not the only one to suffer from that problem focus st also had issues holding pressure.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Yes , if you run a car on Revos old 130 bar requested fuel pressure it will hit 130 bar but drop soon after , then would slowly build the pressure back up reach 130 bar again and then drop again.
People started to add the RS4 valve to overcome the problem , the only real way to sustain the the pressure was to swap out the internals for auto tech , kmd or apr pumps

The Tfsi engines were not the only one to suffer from that problem focus st also had issues holding pressure.

now this is why I don't think you could really call the badger wagon a stage 2 car

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
now this is why I don't think you could really call the badger wagon a stage 2 car

Its stage 2 revo software........ Who said its stage 2 car? What is a "stage of car" anyhows? Software is sold and differentiated in "stages", and revisions by some. the car is the rest of it.. which could be all manner of assorted bolt ons.

Trying to define "stages" of car is flawed beyond the software choice.

Sellers of the Stage "sofware" are selling them to differentiate the code from the basic remap which requires no hardware mods from those which do require a minimum level of advised hardware.

Now thats obviously not the same as cars on stage 2+ which "require" a Minimum level of mods to go with that software. Now Minimum is just that.. Add some decent 'other' mods to aid cooling flow and wotnot, and further gains, "For the Same Software" can be achieved. Vis a Vis, badgerwagen LC on revo2 plus other mods..

APR stage 2+ cars had different "other hardware" on them. What does that mean in comparison?

The stage 2+ APR car has been described as having minimum level mods by KeithAPR on fb.

Revo Stage 2+ cars also had differing hardware on them, intakes varied between them? Exhaust or Downpipes? Not sure I dont remember their exact make or mods.

Software is sold in stages...
Stages have advised "minimum" required hardware.. That does not exclude other "helpful" hardware which will increase gains further

Simple evidence if you care to look is boost plots and torque... sustained torque
Badgerwagens stage2 revo is not at max, its at 7 of its 9.. Reason for why is it makes Best Power on its Lower boost. I posted that comparison previously. More boost does not guarantee more peak power. (hot hot hot = less sustained torque as I have said numerous times previously)

The bolt on extra bits my car runs seem to complement the levels of boost and ign being asked of it on its revo2 code. I have the benefit of knowing what works and a shed load of experience of building decent wellflowing setups and learned a lot along the way. Boost is just one aspect of power. Heat management causal and resultant also, and my Mantra remains "Its All about the Flow" (TM) :)

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
For Folks Info: from KeithAPR off fb page regarding stage 2+ Minimum spec:
bare minimum spec is a HPFP and downpipe. It really should be changed for the UK though because some of the most popular downpipes are barely better than stock and seem more popular in the UK than most other places.

I ask this
whats your advised spec list keith for your stage 2+ You mention minimum, but what mods do APR advise complement the code?

KeithAPR advise/comments:
supporting mods? In order to make the most power? Well obviously just every well made part you want to throw at it. For me, and what most of our clients usually have, is HPFP, good intake, full 3 inch exhaust that either drones like crazy (means good flow too) or is RSC.

you can add all the other bits of course, discharge pipes, throttle body pipes, turbo exit to intercooler pipe, etc. WMI, dv upgrades, actuator, etc.

^^^ +ve contributing things in the main ^^^

I ask:
ok keith.. Given my car runs APR FMIC, APR HPFP, APR Downpipe/Cat, Miltek catback, Revo/Badger5 intake, water meth,CTS charge outlet pipe... Its power results from its relatively lower boost (relative to the day) is a comparison.

KeithAPR:
Your car is an outlier Bill. I do not know why. And yes, you had more mods than any other car there. You have a good down pipe and FMIC, better than most. WMI, actuator, discharge pipe, etc. To find out what software makes more power, you need to flash your car with something else and do a comparison that way.

The last bit I will be doing when ever I get some actual "me time"... I have winols, damos and a dyno. Just no time.

My cars runs an old (I believe) revo2 code.. turned to boost 7, fuel 6 timing 7.. has a host of supporting and complementary mods, inc wmi. However, even it will not produce more power at this hardware level from increasing its boost. All I did was generate more heat. There's something which is holding the flow back, and currently the res miltek system is my best guess. Its nice and quiet but at what cost... I will look to investigate this when I get some time. There's more in there for sure when more boost can be applied without just turning it into inefficiency and heat.

:)

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
What I am getting at is the old revo code tried to get the fuel pump to do something that it can't do properly

The addition of the pump makes that possible

I have always thought the addition of the pump makes it a "+" car I have ok have known people to have a stage 1+ tune, thus will take advantage of the replacement fuel pump

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Looking at some of the logs its surprising to see the difference in intake temperatures. Some had wmi and some have better intercoolers etc.

From experience what you consider an acceptable intake temp on your RR such that it can be said the intercooler is adequate.

Also what sort of max intake temps do you see with the Welly Cooler.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
What I am getting at is the old revo code tried to get the fuel pump to do something that it can't do properly

The addition of the pump makes that possible

I have always thought the addition of the pump makes it a "+" car I have ok have known people to have a stage 1+ tune, thus will take advantage of the replacement fuel pump

The Stage 2 part of it for me makes it need a pump...
+ is just pumped up stage 2...

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Looking at some of the logs its surprising to see the difference in intake temperatures. Some had wmi and some have better intercoolers etc.

From experience what you consider an acceptable intake temp on your RR such that it can be said the intercooler is adequate.

Also what sort of max intake temps do you see with the Welly Cooler.

Do we know what exact make of intercoolers those cars had on the day?
Mines an APR one... uber cool, especially with its meth