SCN Badger 5 UK ROLLING ROAD meet for all ko4 2.0 tfsi's feb 2014********

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
give me a reason why I would want to reply to this..

I'll catgorise it as my opinion.... but keep it to myself ;)

Thought i had explained it in an earlier post but here goes again

I remember on some earlier Revo tunes they were requesting more fuel pressure than a standard pump could produce

as you have a upgrade you may be able to reach the values that are being requested

Its from memory so like i said im not sure if its 100% right so that's why I asked the question

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Everyone was on 104 octane fuel?or 98?

cheungys lowewer boost run was his higher octane map I think. 104 I presume if thats what apr offer

I dont think any other car than cheungys has wmi on it tho.. Not that I saw (aside from my own)

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
cheungys lowewer boost run was his higher octane map I think. 104 I presume if thats what apr offer

I dont think any other car than cheungys has wmi on it tho.. Not that I saw (aside from my own)

Correct. We created a special file for him that runs high boost on 98, but he wanted to see how the standard 104RON map faired against his high boost file. Over the past few weeks we've bounced logs back and forth WMI performance with the 104 map to ensure he's not damaging his engine, and he and I both wanted to see how it faired.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Screw all these logs and r/r plots. Which one is fastest?

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Correct. We created a special file for him that runs high boost on 98, but he wanted to see how the standard 104RON map faired against his high boost file. Over the past few weeks we've bounced logs back and forth WMI performance with the 104 map to ensure he's not damaging his engine, and he and I both wanted to see how it faired.

logs are there to disect

Cheungy said:
mark cousins 341.5 333 APR 2+ (v3.4 Latest Map from APR)
david cheung 345.9 338 APR 2+ (104ron (old)Map using 50% Meth)
david cheung 344.4 359.3 APR 2+ map2 ("Test" HiBoost Map also with Meth)

For the record I don't drive a Cupra and the 3.4 is not available (still in the development stages) or something along those lines...I could be wrong but whatever

It pulled more timing on the 104 map than it did on the big boost map

Its map sensor under reads by some 400mb too

:handbags:

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Bill - how quick does your car go out of interest? In terms of lap times, 1/4 mile times, terminal speeds, 30-130 etc.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Don't you agree that it would be worthwhile to get some of these things documented also to back up these plots?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Don't you agree that it would be worthwhile to get some of these things documented also to back up these plots?

You know yourself that different people driving there cars at different places etc arent exactly comparable. You Leon is almost a second slower on the 1/4 these days, then when you put your times in.
My Mk1 with 250bhp was competitive with the stage 2+ MK2s last year etc

Track times are a bit the same - if I'm a second quicker than you on track, is it because I have 30bhp more, or because i pushed harder?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
That's my point sir. All this data, all the plots and all the BS don't make a car fast. The combined package of car and driver does.

The 30-130 thing to me sounds like the thing that would show performance without much driver skill needed other than to keep the steering wheel in the middle and catch gear changes quickly at the right revs.

Having said that, when you are separating 5/10 or even 20bhp, there isn't going to be a whole lot in it. Weight, aerodynamics, rolling mass and other things will play as much in to that as power differences too.

Interesting though it is seeing different codes, plots, logs etc compared for me at least, its all a lot of :w4nk: