Screaming noise at high revs

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Hi,
When my FR reaches 6000 rpm there is a high pitch noise coming from the engine bay
Is it the turbo ?
Is this normal ?
Should I go to Seat ?
I wouldn't want my turbo to blow up
Or is it an air sucking noise ?
Thanks
Eric

Dec 3, 2009
Lol I was just thinking about that too... I've always wonder if the car is met to do that noise.

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
I had this problem, solved it now. It was the A/C pipe touching the frame. Every time i accelerated i could hear it, very annoying. Now the dealers can fix it in a minute !

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If that is the noise the a/c pipe fix was one of my first posts in this section, just mine rattled when accelerating rather than high revs, there are pictures up somewhere.

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
I had a rattling sound during acceleration as i mentioned above, from 3500 to 6500. It was the A/C pipe. A friend had the same problem with a cupra but the sound was heard from 6500 till the rev limiter.

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
uh oh mate that sounds like the turbo. ive heard that sound all to regular with my fez before...best to check its not smoking out the exhaust. erm check the heat in engine bay. Has it lost power? as in higer revs feel sluggish?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
You can certainly hear the turbo at 6000rpm but it does not sound unhealthy. I know remapped car's can make more noise but its something i'd get checked. Take it back to where you got it mapped. Ask them to flash back to standard and see if its still doing it.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
It is not a progressive sound, I mean at 5500 it is suddenly there and when the car shifts it is gone to come back at the same rpm ...

Dec 3, 2009
Omg!! I can tell u my car does it ok! I think
it is normal! When u go up 6k there is no rattling sound and then beyond 6k there this rattling sound and when upshift the sound is gone.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.