Screaming noise at high revs

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Omg!! I can tell u my car does it ok! I think
it is normal! When u go up 6k there is no rattling sound and then beyond 6k there this rattling sound and when upshift the sound is gone.....

It is not a rattling sound but a whistling sound and rather loud

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
may sound like a strange question, but if you take out your parcel shelf does it get louder?

I have a whistling sound coming from the BACK of my car when i get into the high revs. I can only hear it when i take the parcel shelf off though. And when i took it to the garage they just said they couldnt hear anything...

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
No, it is coming from the front of the car
I am almost sure it is the turbo
Next week I have an appointment at Seat to check it out ...

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
may sound like a strange question, but if you take out your parcel shelf does it get louder?

I have a whistling sound coming from the BACK of my car when i get into the high revs. I can only hear it when i take the parcel shelf off though. And when i took it to the garage they just said they couldnt hear anything...

If its like mine its a kinda sucking noise when u floor it, not sure if its something to do with the exhaust or wot but its normal and IMHO sound sweet which is y i drive round with no parcel shelf :lol: :funk:

Dec 3, 2009
i've concluded that when my car reaches to 5500rpm there is no rattling sound but beyond 6000rpm to 7000rpm there this rattling sound but when i upshift the sound is gone but reappears 6000rpm to 7000rpm. But i shall go see my dealer about it soon. :confused:

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
recently i think ive had my radio on mute more than its actually been on...its a new noise to me and cant stop listening to it lol...im guessing you have a diesel now?? windows up and stereo up?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.