Seat accessory gauges wiring help

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I've got my hands on a set of the accessory gauges (oil temp and volt meter) for the mk3 but i've not got the destructions to wire them in

Im sure a few other people have got these so just after a copy of the destructions if anyone has a copy they could lend/scan for me

Thanks

leegt5

May 17, 2006
gaugeinstall_2.jpg

gaugeinstall_3.jpg

gaugeinstall_4.jpg

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
thanks for the pics but it's not exactly what im after

from memory there is a wire somewhere behind the fuse box that the oil temp gauge splices into, there's a spare wire in the engine bay which im guessing is for the sender that comes with the kit so it's the other end of that im trying to locate

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Did you give up using a re-location kit and aftermarket gauges? Also theres a loose spade connection near the oil filter coolant ring, I think this needs to be attached to a sensor on the ring in aid for the OEM dials to work, but I could be wrong.

Would have thought there was one connection in the dash somewhere that goes into a pre-made gauge loom.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
relocation kit is in and running, i've got boost and oil pressure gauges already installed in a nomad pillar mount

managed to pick up the accessory ones cheap so thought i would add them aswell as i want an oil temp gauge now, kit has everything bar instructions

i had this kit for my old mk3 but never fitted it because it wasn't a straight plug in job, i seem to remember the instructions saying about a wire behind the fuse box but not sure which one

i think your right about the connector tho, the spare hole in the oil filter housing is for the sender that comes with the kit, it's just a matter of fitting that, plugging the connector in and then doing the rest from inside the car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.