Seat Ateca few issues

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
Hi all,

Merry christmas first of all! My dad has a 20 plate Ateca, 1.5 tsi version. Two things, firstly the rear brakes tend to squeak when reversing, has anyone had this issue at all? I'm thinking the pads just need grease on the back, but wondered if anyone has had this problem, and how it was rectified.

Second thing, when the wheels are turned there's a creaking from underneath, it sounds steering related as it only happens when turning the wheel at low speeds.

Thanks

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Hi all,

Merry christmas first of all! My dad has a 20 plate Ateca, 1.5 tsi version. Two things, firstly the rear brakes tend to squeak when reversing, has anyone had this issue at all? I'm thinking the pads just need grease on the back, but wondered if anyone has had this problem, and how it was rectified.

Second thing, when the wheels are turned there's a creaking from underneath, it sounds steering related as it only happens when turning the wheel at low speeds.

Thanks
Here is the issue Im having with the rear brakes when reversing on my 20 plate Ateca, let me know if this is the same as your dads issue. https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/loud-horn-like-noise-when-braking-in-reverse-gear.463329/

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
Here is the issue Im having with the rear brakes when reversing on my 20 plate Ateca, let me know if this is the same as your dads issue. https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/loud-horn-like-noise-when-braking-in-reverse-gear.463329/

Sorry for the late reply, it sounds the same as my Dads car, I'm going to get him to book it in to the Dealer to get the brakes checked over. I don't suppose you have any issues with creaking from the front of the car at all?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Sorry for the late reply, it sounds the same as my Dads car, I'm going to get him to book it in to the Dealer to get the brakes checked over. I don't suppose you have any issues with creaking from the front of the car at all?
I had mines booked in and they couldn't find an issue. I've been told I should hear either tomorrow or Tuesday if SEAT have got back to them to confirm if there is a known fault or not. With the creaking I've not really heard any on my Ateca but my old MK3 leon did when turning at really low speed and they said that was 'normal'. Try and capture the issues on video as 99% of the time when you take the car into the garage these problems suddenly disappear while they have it in my experience.

Reactions: Nozza

Tell

Staff member
Had creaking on my old Altea, turned out I drove across Europe and back with a broken spring :unsure:. If it's that noisey and makes the sound when you get in should be checked out. The rumble sound is when your bearings are going... and that's only after you have a lot of mileage, most people won't keep new cars that long for the bearings to go. Had that over the years of ownership. Always take it easy over speed bumps to preserve tyres and suspension (19") :).

Will be interesting to hear whether there are known issues.

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
I've got the car booked into the dealer next month for a service and all the other bits looked at, the service manager didn't sound surprised when we mentioned about the issues we was having. Will keep the post updated when the car is looked at, thanks again everyone for your comments.

Reactions: iScoTT29

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
Had the car in for a service, the front issue they reckon was the shock absorber rubber cover making the noise, so they've secured it, it doesn't seem to be making a noise any more. As for the rear brakes, they couldn't replicate the noise so said there wasn't an issue, got the car home and the next day the noise reappeared, so will take the car out for a drive to see if we can replicate the noise and film it to send to the dealer.

Reactions: Tell and iScoTT29

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Had the car in for a service, the front issue they reckon was the shock absorber rubber cover making the noise, so they've secured it, it doesn't seem to be making a noise any more. As for the rear brakes, they couldn't replicate the noise so said there wasn't an issue, got the car home and the next day the noise reappeared, so will take the car out for a drive to see if we can replicate the noise and film it to send to the dealer.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer regarding the rear brake noise however, I have not had the issue reappear since the start of January surprisingly. Makes me think the freezing temperatures might have been causing the issue as since its warmed up slightly above freezing its not happened. Hope you get a video of it and send it to the dealer though.

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer regarding the rear brake noise however, I have not had the issue reappear since the start of January surprisingly. Makes me think the freezing temperatures might have been causing the issue as since its warmed up slightly above freezing its not happened. Hope you get a video of it and send it to the dealer though.

Thanks, I need to run some errands for my Dad in the week as I'm his support bubble, so I'll take the car to the shops and see if I can capture the noise somehow.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Phoned the dealer again yesterday and turns out the car is to be booked in. So its going in next friday but when I asked on the phone why its going in and for what work, the women didnt know...? :unsure: Time will tell what is getting done as I am not leaving the car unless I am explained on what the work being done is.

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
Phoned the dealer again yesterday and turns out the car is to be booked in. So its going in next friday but when I asked on the phone why its going in and for what work, the women didnt know...? :unsure: Time will tell what is getting done as I am not leaving the car unless I am explained on what the work being done is.
If you can let us know on here what they end up doing that would be great. My Dads car is still doing it, but we have it on video now. I reckon the dealer knows about the issue, just felt a bit fobbed off by them.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
So took the car in today and the technician said they have been told by Seat to replace the Rear pads and replacement pin kit to be fitted. Then its a waiting game to see if the issue comes back or is resolved. Not great its not a concrete fix but I'm happy something is being done and that all I can do is let them try this fix and fingers crossed the noise doesnt come back.

Reactions: Tell

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
fingers crossed it solves the issue, thanks again for updating the thread mate. It'll be interesting to see if it does resolve the issue, we do intend to go back to the dealer so if new pads does solve it then that's what we will fight for.

Nozza

Feb 4, 2020
North West Kent
UPDATE: Rear brakes squeak sometimes, and we are still getting the creaking noise from the front of the car, the dealer said they greased all the areas to help eliminate the noise, but within a few weeks it came back. Think next plan of action is to take the car back again regarding the noise and keep hassling them to get it sorted. Hopefully.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.