Seat Cupra 300 - 0-60mph in 4.9s

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
It is faster than that.

Surely the 290 is quicker than that. FFS my stage 1 184FR diesel does 0-60 in 5.6!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OqaTBZx6Fw

This guy tests cars, assuming on test drives from dealers? Takes his times on a vbox, so they're pretty much bang on. I guess the tyres are what dictates the acceleration off the line the most really. Not sure what this one is wearing. Folk seem to suggest SS are the best. He's clocked slower times on other Leon Cupras, assuming on different tyres?

Last edited:

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I've seen a you tube where standard cupra has shaved half second of 0-60 just with improved traction from better tyres

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes this is true, makes the car more "economical". It's a shame that the Leon is always behind it's cousins

A shame? I am ordering the new ST 300 and praise the lord they will not be doing to it what they're doing to Golf R/S3. The 7-speed sucks mammoth d*ck, and will in real-life terms both increase consumption and ruin the fun. Real sucker move.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
That is massivly impressive! 4.9 seconds on a estate.
And people saying that it's all about tyres, driver, and that the 290 on youtube can make it on 5.2 etc etc.
Will it not be the same with the 300. That you can shave off 0.5 seconds from factory time with the right settings and tyres etc. So stop comparing apples and pears. It's a really impressive number! :)

Kind of making me regret that I collected a 290 st just a couple of weeks ago.. :)
Specially when living in cold weathers. Where grip is an issue.
But still, there is a reason why Seat is not making a fuzz about the numbers as they did all over the press with the 280 on Nurburgring. The 300 4wd has the electronic diff, and not the outstanding mechanical one.

This makes a world of difference when the road starts turning.
I tried both the Golf R (wagon) and Cupra ST and even though I'm no racedriver - I could easily feel the difference in character of handling.

So, we who lack the 4wd, have to comfort ourselves with the famous mechanical diff... until we trade to 4wd:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.