Seat Cushion

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Hi Guys, I've got a Cupra r and you can feel the metal frame through the seat base which I hear is a common issue if you've got a fat bottom like me. I'm struggling to find a replacement base so was wondering do you think it's possible for somewhere to repair the seat instead?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The foam inserts are still available, try ebay.de.

If not then any decent upholstery will be be able to replace it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mukkyman

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Also had the problem of the seat getting very uncomfortable. Couldn’t find any reasonably priced replacement foam. Did think about buying a 2nd hand passenger seat and swapping the foam into my driver’s seat. The passenger seat in my car is a lot better since it gets less use.

But ‘fixed’ mine for under £10, using a seat cover from Aldi with a couple of cushions shoved under it. Not exactly OEM or that attractive – but it stopped my bum going numb on my 35 mile commute.

Attachments

• 20190827_171938[1].jpg
    20190827_171938[1].jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 103

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Also had the problem of the seat getting very uncomfortable. Couldn’t find any reasonably priced replacement foam. Did think about buying a 2nd hand passenger seat and swapping the foam into my driver’s seat. The passenger seat in my car is a lot better since it gets less use.

But ‘fixed’ mine for under £10, using a seat cover from Aldi with a couple of cushions shoved under it. Not exactly OEM or that attractive – but it stopped my bum going numb on my 35 mile commute.
Thanks might be a good temporary solution

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hi Guys, I've got a Cupra r and you can feel the metal frame through the seat base which I hear is a common issue if you've got a fat bottom like me. I'm struggling to find a replacement base so was wondering do you think it's possible for somewhere to repair the seat instead?
I had my seat bolster replaced a couple of years ago due to the same problem.
Think it was about £75 if I remember correctly.
Also had all 4 door cards re-trimmed at the same time to replace the saggy material.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Im in Preston, St Helens is pretty close. Thanks you I'll give them a shout
Oh you’re not far away at all.
Just had a look at my invoice. Cost £270 for bolster repair and all 4 door cards re-trimmed.
It was 3 years ago I had mine done.
A7AED907-D73C-443E-B8CC-348950ED9F0D.jpeg

Here’s their contact if you need it.

Reactions: Mukkyman
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members