Seat ibiza 1.4 sc advice

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
I currently have a 2007 ibiza fr 1.9 tdi and have just bought a new 1.4 sc ibiza due to downgrading (only done 10k miles in the current car in 3 years). Just a couple of questions really

Does anyone have a 1.4 sport sc model and can give me some feedback on the drive/how they found the car as i'm wondering whether i've made the wrong decision going for my fifth seat in 10 years ?? i'm just sticking to the standard 16 inch wheels and not upgrading to the 17 inch as i hear these cause a harsher ride and more cabin noise ?? or would you recommend i ask the daler i upgrade to the 17 inch wheels as it only costs an extra £140

On the old ibiza's there was an issue where the washer hose would pop off in the winter months when the water had froze to protect the washer motor do the new ibiza mk5 hve this same problem ???

Any comments would be appreciated

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The washer pipe isnt a problem, like you say it protects the pump. However there are less connections on the MK5 with the bulkhead connection being deleted.

I think they drive very well, nice comfortable to cruise along in, handles well enough for day to day use.

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Cheers mate so i'm presuming the washer hoses can come off i the mk5 ibizas but the its less likely ?

Would you recommend I just stick with the 16 inch wheels or would you recommend i go for the 17 inch ?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It i less likely yes, still happens but if people use their washers when its freezing its going to.

I much prefer the look of the 17s imho, they are a little harsher but then I don't mind that, I have 18s for mine..lol

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
hi mate, i have had a candy white 1.4 Sport since novemebr and have had no problems with it, i went for the 17" black alloys, IMO the 17" are just for show, i dont really notice the extra cabin noise because i have nothing to compare it to. it doesnt really affect me that much, i also had the leather seats which i must add are really comfy.

all in all i love the car, yeah i wish i was a few years older so i could afford insurance on a 'more fun' engine but as im only 19 i had to settle for the 1.4, however i have found it has enough kick to get you where you want to go and get there easily

fuel economy so far i have done 3500 miles and am averaging at 39mpg which i think is ok, that is a mixture of good driving and the ocasional bit of 'crazy' driving

hope you enjoy your new car

SheffOwl

I have a standard 1.4 sport sc that i've had since beginning of year. I have covered 2000 miles in 6 weeks and the ride seems fine, with the terrible roads about 16" wheels are good comprise for the ride.

Engine is nippy but not fast, more than adequate for daily use though. The dash quality etc seems to be much better than my mk2 Leon was.

Overall seems a good car (my third Seat).

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I have a 1.6 TDI on order and kept the standard 16s - roads here are pretty much and I have 16s on my mk3 which is harsh enough, though it's not really a fair comparison - from the test drive it was clear the mk5 has a much better ride compared to the mk3 regardless of the wheels.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
14sc se in candy white nice car, daughter now done 9851 miles 1st service thursday had no probs at all, only found two stone chips on it so thinking paint must be good, or shes been very lucky.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
id say lucky, or your roads are a lot better there. i have a few little chips and one larger chip at the back, hurts me a little inside everytime i see it, i really must get hold of some touch up paint lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.