Seat ibiza 2011 boot won't open

Apr 4, 2021
Hi, this is my first post and know very little about cars.

I went to take the shopping out of my boot yesterday and the boot wouldn't open. I lift the badge, it makes a clicking noise as if its opened but it's not. In the end I had to put the back seat down to take shopping out of the car.

Through reading articles on Google it appears a common issue, however, I can't find any videos or guides other than for older models.

Do you have any advice? Could this be something that's just jammed and could be fixed without having to take to a garage? Where can I find the emergency latch? If I open using the emergency latch, will the boot then shut?

Thank you in advance

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If SEAT used the same idea as VW did, and I've forgotten if they did, there will be a horizontal slot in the plastic panel that covers the rear hatch, on the side to side centre line and near the bottom. Using a key blade etc through that slot will release the hatch, but you will still be able to close it again as before.

To investigate what is not happening, you will need to remove the plastic panel, maybe best avoided until the temperature is a bit higher though.