Seat Ibiza Cupra - Fitting of Forge Split r/Splitter

richp656

Hello there!

I am a new owner of a Seat Ibiza Cupra and member of the forum!

I want to fit a Fitting of Forge Split r/Splitter but I am a bit unclear of how to fit... on the forge site it says:

Please Note: This valve requires installing the opposite way to the original Bosch Valve.

But then on the fitting instructions it says replace the standard valve with the Forge Split r/Splitter in same position?

Can someone with a ibiza cupra help or advise? Has anyone got a picture of a fitted Fitting of Forge Split r?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
take it back and get a 007p ;)

with you AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way on that

il say it again

splitrmot.jpg

Mat

god bless caveo for that pic :D

rich: the split-r may throw up a code or cause limp mode

The 1.8T engines are designed to have a recirc valve, not atmospheric

richp656

I read on here somewhere that the only valves that can go these 1.8ts is the split r and the 007p.... any others will throw up a code or cause limp mode so thought a split r is fine??

Have you guys had problems with the split r??

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i you want this blow off sound,i would say to you the turbosmart kompact dual port is the very best one like this,just search it mate loads on here about all these valves

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
i have run the 007p + split r both where ok never had fault codes or limp mode with the split-r now bought a turbosmart dual port so will fit that tomorrow and see if its any better.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
so funny i got a second hand sh*t R valve put it on got the right clicks on it drove it down the road. then took it straight off biggest waste of money and time. anyone want it? lol

richp656

Thanks chris_200120vt.. i'll look into the turbosmart kompact dual port in the next few days...

richp656

I think for now i have just got one of the Forge Split r's deliveried so i'll fit and see what its like...

ohh back to my original question.... chris_200120vt you said you had a Split r... i was just wondering about the confusing fitting instructions...
on the forge site it says:
Please Note: This valve requires installing the opposite way to the original Bosch Valve.
But then on the fitting instructions it says replace the standard valve with the Split rin same position?

Did you fit yours in the same as the standard valve?

richp656

Thanks chris_200120vt.. i'll look into the turbosmart kompact dual port in the next few days...

Sorry mistake before . . i meant thanks 'p34ch3y' i'll look into the turbosmart kompact dual port in the next few days...

And chris_200120vt let me no if the turbosmart kompact dual port better then the split r!!

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
I've got a split-R valve, never thrown any codes and does the job perfect, came on the car and have no reason to replace it, ah well!

The black hose that comes from the charge pipe (shinny silver pipe that runs across top of engine) should go to the port on the bottom of the valve, then the port on the side of the valve should go into the turbo intake pipe (the one with your air box/air filter on the end off) and don't forget the thin vac line that goes onto the small inlet on the top of the spilt-r

richp656

Thanks Righttoe... I'll put it on today i think and see what its like!
....it seems like there are alot of people who have them and haven't had a problem but a few people just don't like them!!

:) I'll report back how it goes!!!...

richp656

Still don't understand how people don't find the 007P loud enough with a cone filter tbh

Hello mate... its the first cupra ive owned so i came on here for a bit of advice on what to get... an alot of people said split r's are the way to go... so i got one!....see how it goes later!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.