Seat ibiza fr 130 (which exhaust?)

lukehiggs

Mar 29, 2009
i have recently purchased a 2008 ibiza fr and looking on putting a nice exhaust onit? any1 on here no of any ideas?? i was finkin 2 twin pipes with straight through pipe which would sound nice. anybody have any ideas??

Cheers luke

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I have a 1.9TDI I have a custom exhaust system with twin tips (Looks amazing, well I think it does.)

However the oval tip is gorgeous also.
If its diesel and your going for a stage one remap just have a straight through pipe, No back box and no cat.

If your looking to go stage 2 and beyond (Clutch, new turbo etc) then I'd recommend a sports cat as you can get alot of smoke on stage 2 and I'm told sometimes fail emissions

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
yep i've just had a mufflerectomy, with 3" twin tips in exactly the same style as the original fr ones but just a bit bigger, looked and sounded awesome! but i might have to sell it cos the missus says its too loud, only done 100 miles too :(

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I had this custom made last year. It's a straight 2.5" pipe from the cat-back joining into the R32 style exit :)

In my opinion there is no point spending loads of money on a Milltek system for a TDI. A mufflerectomy will give you a similar noise and can be considerably cheaper if you just have your rear box cut off and replaced with a straight pipe and new tip.

As said above this has been covered before and there is loads of info on it on the site

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
general options people have gone from around here is either Miltek or a custom job, there are other brands that are worth looking at such as Piper, Scorpion, Magnex, etc. I personally like the look of the Magnex PD130 system with the large oval that looks like the stock Cupra when fitted.

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Someone on here got an Oval exit Blueflame exhaust for their mk4 1.8T ibiza and it looked fantastic. The oval was very similar to the standard Cupra exhaust which I personnally think looks great anyway, not sure if they do one for the 1.9TDI though.

Last edited:

lukehiggs

Mar 29, 2009
thanks guys. in from North london btw.

Erm yeah i really like that centre job you done m8. how much you reckon im looking for a twin centre pipe like the r32. ??

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
thanks guys. in from North london btw.

Erm yeah i really like that centre job you done m8. how much you reckon im looking for a twin centre pipe like the r32. ??

I'm from North London too...maybe I've seen you about.

Between £250-300 for a R32 style exit. I modified my rear valance myself so obviously you'd have to add on that cost too.

lukehiggs

Mar 29, 2009
yeah maybe. im from enfield!

well ive got 2, 2.5 " tailpipes, and can melt it into place etc. how did u get ur rear bumper holes in the middle?? did u buy a aftermarket splitter or anyfing??

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
It's not an aftermarket splitter, it's the normal FR/Cupra rear valance. I cut out the exhaust tunnel and plastic welded in a patch, smoothed it all over and then re-sprayed it. After the exhaust was made I cut out what was in the way.

Here's a before and after pic

P1000767.jpg

P1000768.jpg

Fitted :)
P1010539.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers mate:) Took quite a bit of work to get the valance right but I think it was worth it in the end