SEAT Ibiza FR TDi Metallic Black

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I've met Andy on a few occasions through the SEAT forums and he'd been interesting in getting his Ibiza de-swirled and protected for the winter for some time. We finally got a date sorted, and Andy came to Rochdale with his grey swirled Ibiza.

So here's the car waiting for me to get started:
ec18bb85.jpg

ec18bb47.jpg

Some close ups of the troubled areas:
ec18bb87.jpg

ec18bb52.jpg

ec18bb1e.jpg

ec18bb0f.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
So I got started - if you've read my reports you'll know my routine by now:
DP foam gun shampoo, APC alloys and arches.
ec18baeb.jpg

ec18baef.jpg

ec18bae8.jpg

Two bucket wash. Rinsed it down, then using the karcher for lub spray, Pinnacle Ultra Fine Poly Clay and some DP clay for the rear bumper set too and gave it a good surface clean.

ec18bac6.jpg

Managed to wash, clay, re-wash and dry in just over hour and a half.
ec18ba80.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Once dried we taped using the 3m tape, set the kit up amd took the PDG readings:
ec18ba4b.jpg

First up was the Metabo, a wolfgang polishing pad and pinnacle Swirl Remover. Here's the minor swirling before and half & half shots:
ec18ba74.jpg

ec18ba31.jpg

ec18ba28.jpg

I continued with the same combo, working my way around the car:
ec18ba24.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Next using a finishind pad on the Metabo and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish I worked my way round, putting a true shine back into the paintwork.

Using the PC, a finishing pad and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, applied to the whole car and left to cure for 30 minutes.

Whilst that cured Andy applied megs #20 sealant to the alloys. Wiped the wolfgang clear, cleaned the windows in and out with Stoners, Poorboys Bold n Brite in arches and under the bonnet, Optimum Tyre Shine to the treads.

I then applied Collinite 845 IW using a Megs foam applicator, left to cure for 20 mins, and wiped clear with a Poorboys Ultra Plush MF. A final wipe down with Pinnacle Crystal Mist, and the detail was complete.

Due to the darkening conditions outside we took some shots inside for comparison:
ec18b9a1.jpg

ec18b959.jpg

ec18b93d.jpg

Total work time around 5 and 1/2 hours:
ec18b922.jpg

ec18b913.jpg

ec18b859.jpg

ec18b861.jpg

some close ups:
ec18b86f.jpg

roof:
ec18b843.jpg

bonnet:
ec18b7b7.jpg

thanks for reading, Iain.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Many thanks Iain! The difference, which you could see on the bonnet the most when we only did half of it was amazing! Think even j.akelly and Laura were amazed when they popped over! My car is actually amazingly black and I didn't realise it! Top job and would definitely recommend Iain to anyone who is thinking of having their car done!

gazjones

looks great ian well done as usual cars looking good andy keep it that way now!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I've had my car done by Iain too, and i can second Spyke's recomendation.
Shame you ran out of daylight hours to get a few photos done, but it's still looking fantastic.
Top work guys!

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Wow, looks really glossy and shiny and...black! :D

I might even ask for mine to be done for my birthday at this rate, if you can make a black car come up like that you could do wonders for the arosa's paintwork!

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Collinite rules....!!!

I struggle to wash mine due to the insane beading its giving me...

Thats 2 weeks after applying it!

Awesome stuff

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
How long does the effect last, i tend to wash my car every week or 10 days and polish once every 4 - 6 weeks.

have a peek at my pics in the picture forum mate,Iain detailed mine about 5-6 weeks ago,all it gets is a wash once a week and a wax every fortnight,still get loads of comments about how good it looks.

I cannot recommend Iain highly enough when it comes to getting your car back to or beyond its original best:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.