Seat Ibiza Mk4 1.4s in Black

slicecbr

Aug 24, 2008
I have been on here for a while so thought I would post up my car. I got my hands on the car in June 2008, it is my first car so I was really chuffed to get it.
It is a 53 plate Mk4 1.4s. I am still at university but was on a paid placement year this year (hence the car) so I had a little bit of disposable to make the car a little nicer.

The first thing I did was add a chrome S centre panel, a front splitter (bought from seat dealership) and added some fog lights (I bought the lights from eBay, more than half the price than if I bought from seat, I haven’t been able to wire them up yet though, I’m trying to find a seat switch from a breakers but no luck so far) :blink:

bumperbefore.jpg

before

bumperafter.jpg

after

Then I bought a back box. It gives off a mild tone, so it’s not loud but it gives the car a nice purr and I think it makes the back end a lot nicer.

backbox.jpg

slicecbr

Aug 24, 2008
After that I bought some alloys (205/40/17) from a company online, in the picture above and below. It was a nice change to the 14" I was on at the time.

oldalloys.jpg

When I put the alloys on I didn’t think they suited the car very well, I thought they looked to ‘showy’ :shrug:
I ended up changing the alloys, I think the new alloys suit the car a lot better.

newalloys.jpg

slicecbr

Aug 24, 2008
The drums and calipers looked a bit shabby now I had some alloys on the car so I painted them with some hammerite black.
I ended up painting the drums first, which came up quite well. I think because I took the drums off, I didn’t find that I couldn’t walk the next day with a bad back, which was good.

drumsbefore.jpg

drumsmiddle.jpg

drumsafter.jpg

drumsafter2.jpg

I then painted a caliper the same way I did the drums but it didn’t turn out too well. The paint seemed too thick on the calipers. [:@] I ended up stripping the caliper back to the metal and buying a hammerite spray can and sprayed a few thin coats on the calipers which turned out well. :)

calipersbefore.jpg

calipersmiddle.jpg

calipersafter.jpg

slicecbr

Aug 24, 2008
Then for my 21st birthday I was bought an ipod and also a wireless radio adaptor thing which plugged into the cigarette lighter. The reception wasn’t great and it got in the way quite a bit so I had a search on here and found that you could buy a cable and wire it into the back of the headunit, which I did, and I have had no problems.

ipod.jpg

I would have liked to get my hands on a facelift front bumper but I am starting university for my final year very soon and I have no funds, and I am unlikely to get any for another year but I’m happy with it anyway. :D

Here are a few pictures of the car when I gave it a polish.

polished1.jpg

polished2.jpg

polished3.jpg

Any comments or suggestions?

Last edited:

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Looks good, surprising how a few small changes make a car look even better :)

Where did you get the grill with the ring? Ive been looking on Ebay but the postage is a bomb

slicecbr

Aug 24, 2008
Looks good, surprising how a few small changes make a car look even better :)

Where did you get the grill with the ring? Ive been looking on Ebay but the postage is a bomb

Thanks

I bought the centre grill with the ring from the seat dealership, it cost 18pounds incl. vat. I don't know if thats cheaper than ebay?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.