Seat Ibiza Sport Rider TDI 100BHP!!!

r401caw

Sep 16, 2008
Ibiza Sportrider

I bought an Ibiza Sportrider 1.9 tdi 2 weeks ago and am really pleased with it.I've been a Volvo driver for years but traded my 170 bhp V70 for this 100 bhp pocket rocket. I got a great deal from the Seat dealer in Leicester, £9100 on the road including mats, road tax, petrol and metalic paint.
I'm getting about 55 mpg which is great even putting my foot down every now and again and enjoying driving again.
I was amazed with the standard "extras" but do miss my trip computer.
The only down side is road noise over 50 - the Dunlop Sportmaxx 205's grip well but are a bit on the noisey side.
If you want to start enjoying driving again, get better fuel economy and lower road fund, you could do a lot worse than buy one of these. I can't fault the build quality on my Ibiza - as good as an Audi or Volvo! Buy one if there are any left!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
I bought an Ibiza Sportrider 1.9 tdi 2 weeks ago and am really pleased with it.I've been a Volvo driver for years but traded my 170 bhp V70 for this 100 bhp pocket rocket. I got a great deal from the Seat dealer in Leicester, £9100 on the road including mats, road tax, petrol and metalic paint.
I'm getting about 55 mpg which is great even putting my foot down every now and again and enjoying driving again.
I was amazed with the standard "extras" but do miss my trip computer.
The only down side is road noise over 50 - the Dunlop Sportmaxx 205's grip well but are a bit on the noisey side.
If you want to start enjoying driving again, get better fuel economy and lower road fund, you could do a lot worse than buy one of these. I can't fault the build quality on my Ibiza - as good as an Audi or Volvo! Buy one if there are any left!

I got the same deal from francis leicester,had it 2 weeks aswel!zenith grey;)what colour is yours?alot of car for money!trip computer would be nice but not the end of the world.its nippy althought ive been told to take it easy until 1000miles and then throttle it properly,also been told that until 5000 miles the engine is not 100percent-so power and economy wont be at its best until then,im sure thats right,unless someone else says otherwise!the cruise was a little to get used to,but now that I have its great!drove all down motorway last night with cruise on and its magic!climate is great!sports seats are not as gud as the lc i had before but stil good. yeh i agree with you regarding the tyres-they do make a lot of road noise so when then are done im gonna get something else,but the 205''s on the small car are good for motorway cruising ,they grip really well,dint need to break once last night whilst on cruise round motorway bends and obove average speed. although have to say that round corners that is some body roll and udersteer,but that can be overcome by driving it better and not flooring it in the corner but more floring it out of the corner/bend.build quality seems good enough,but time will tell when things start peeling etc.car looks really nice with fr bumpers and alloys!got mine tinted now and looks even beter ,in my opinion.ive dun 550 miles now and at first the gearbox was stiff,but seems to be easing of a little.does yours have access seat plus?as not sure if both front seats are meant to slide forward when people get into the back of the car?

Last edited:

r401caw

Sep 16, 2008
Mines a grey one too. I wanted black but Doug from Francis said they had just the 2 greys ones left so we went for grey. Mines up to 1100 miles now as I'm using any excuse to drive it! Your right about the cruise control - I'd never used it until I got my last Volvo, now I wouldn't buy a car without it - it seems to be the most economical way to drive it. As far as the front seats go mine don't seem to be access plus - they just tip forward so it's a bit of a sqeeze with older kids (i've got 2!). The engine and gearbox seem loser now after 1100 miles so I'm looking forward to getting to 5000. The Sportmaxx's cost a fortune so I will replace them with Toyo Proxeeswhen they are worn out - quiter and cheaper and just as sticky!

FR Sarah

bom chika wa waaaaa
Jun 15, 2007
i cant agree more, great wee cars and not much different speedwise to the fr i previously had believe it or not... well acceleration side of things.
question though... is anyone having problems with the boot mechanism?? mine has been replaced twice already in the 3 month period i have had it and its gone again, its when you flip the s, it just doesnt register the fact and its getting boring now!! just wondered if any others have had this problem and if its a common thing seat havent picked up on yet....

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
This happened to me, once.

Think what I did was locked the car with the remote, and unlock it again, and it was fine. Maybe when the car is unlocked, it doesn't unlock the boot for some reason first time round. It hasn't happened again, but then I'm not in the boot much.

(Edit - going off topic, worth starting another thread??)

Last edited:

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
This happened to me, once.

Think what I did was locked the car with the remote, and unlock it again, and it was fine. Maybe when the car is unlocked, it doesn't unlock the boot for some reason first time round. It hasn't happened again, but then I'm not in the boot much.

(Edit - going off topic, worth starting another thread??)

Hi,i think its how the electric locking is set up,as from what ive seen with all ibiza's compared to leon mk1 you have to unlock it twice for boot and passenger door to open,if 3 door.PRESS UNLOCK ONCE FOR DRIVERS AND TWICE FOR REST.tbh i find it annoying because there is a slight lag between pressing the unlock button to unlock doors.Im sure with vag-com it can be setup to unlock all doors at once, best thing to do is ask around to see who has ag-com and see if they are gonna be nice enough to do it for you.I hope i answerd your questin

r401caw

Sep 16, 2008
The boot unlocking thing works with my Sportrider too. If you want to unlock the boot and passenger door it's 2 clicks within a second - it's in the book. One thing that does confuse is that the passenger will have to operate his door release twice. Once to unlock it, twice to open it - strange eh!

Steggz

Sportriders spec makes me dissappointed as a recent DAB owner. Certainly get more for your money. Did have a look at some pics though, they seem to have lightened the plastics up in the cabin which doesn't do it for me.... Plus i love my seats :)

Price wise though its a bargain! The MK5 was always going to knock new MK4 prices down, guess i knew that when i got mine :) £9.5K seems more than good enough.

FR Sarah

bom chika wa waaaaa
Jun 15, 2007
Hi,i think its how the electric locking is set up,as from what ive seen with all ibiza's compared to leon mk1 you have to unlock it twice for boot and passenger door to open,if 3 door.PRESS UNLOCK ONCE FOR DRIVERS AND TWICE FOR REST.tbh i find it annoying because there is a slight lag between pressing the unlock button to unlock doors.Im sure with vag-com it can be setup to unlock all doors at once, best thing to do is ask around to see who has ag-com and see if they are gonna be nice enough to do it for you.I hope i answerd your questin

yeah i know the seat locking system... i had the fr before the sportrider i currently have so know about the time delays etc which is how i know its not a problem with me being silly ( yes i know i'm a woman but give me credit lol )
had it at the garage twice about it and the mechanics had the same problem so i know its not just me and its seat that replaced the boot mechanism so there must be a fault there....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.