Seat Leon 1.6 diesel SE Auto DSG

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Ah, then regular diesel it the first tank, check average mpg etc...vpower it next tank see if any difference :D

@ 14k miles, engine should be nice and willing....I guess you have the full TechPack (eg..SatNav/DAB/LED lights?).

What car you had before?

Last time I checked Diesel at the said Esso was 115.9p

Yup, it's a SE tech pack, specifically looked for that model!

I had an Audi A4, 2.0 FSi, used to get about 37/38 mpg, not bad for a 15 year old car! Until it jumped a tooth and the engine died :-( Sad times!

I think it's about the same in my area, supermarkets are cheaper but I'll likely try to stick to BP / Shell, see if it makes a difference.

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Interested to know how this works, how does the car measure it normally and why change it in VCDS?
Still looking for Vcds at a good price for myself actually...

I must admit to not knowing how the car computes MPG. What I do know is that the "average MPG since refuel" was consistently 4-6mpg higher than I was getting by measuring the fuel put in against mileage. So after 10K miles I had it corrected along with a few other VCDS changes.

The VCDS change is to modify the 'display factor', so that the value displayed is closer to your actual mpg without changing anything more fundamental. I had mine changed to 108%, so now the MPG display under reads by 0.5-1mpg most tanks - lots of short journeys makes a wider discrepancy. This change also makes the predicted range display more realistic.

VCDS coding was found on this forum, pasted below.
MPG Correction

[17-Instruments]
[Coding - 07] > [Adaptation - 10]
Scroll down about 20 items in the drop down list until you see something like fuel consumption adaptation - change the value from 100 to higher or lower:
Example - if your DIS is consistently off by 7% to your actual calculated mpg:
You RAISE the number to the percentage if DIS is OVER reporting mpg
You LOWER the number to the percentage if DIS is UNDER reporting mpg

HTH

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
For those interested in the MPG figures, here was my finding after only a week, but it's a start...

Regular Shell Diesel, I travelled 486 miles and had about 125-150 miles on my range calculator. The car said I averaged 5MPG, Fuelly suggested it was 58, so near enough spot on with the car.

The main of my journey's was motorway driving, I ventured into London once, and got caught in laods of stop start traffic, the M25 wasn't too kind ether, two days of heavy traffic but otherwise it wasn't bad driving.

I'm super happy with those results, I've put in another tank of regular diesel to try and run it to as close to 0 as possible, I will then put in v power diesel for two tanks to ensure I have at least 1 full take of the v power rather than a small ratio mix.
Will check back with the results if anyone is bothered!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
For those interested in the MPG figures, here was my finding after only a week, but it's a start...

Did you manage to have a look at what instantaneous MPG figures you get @ approx 70-75mph? I guess 63-65mpg ish ~ 2500 rpm?

I did a weekend trip to Oxford and back yesterday on my 1.0 petrol TSI DSG, cruise control most of the way between 65-75mph. Returned average of 55mph on trip computer on BP Petrol 95. not bad at all. Good price too 115.9 @ BP service stn somewhere NE London on A406.

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Did you manage to have a look at what instantaneous MPG figures you get @ approx 70-75mph? I guess 63-65mpg ish ~ 2500 rpm?

I did a weekend trip to Oxford and back yesterday on my 1.0 petrol TSI DSG, cruise control most of the way between 65-75mph. Returned average of 55mph on trip computer on BP Petrol 95. not bad at all. Good price too 115.9 @ BP service stn somewhere NE London on A406.

Had a look on my way home last night, 70 mph, 2k rpm, and it returned about 60mpg, it went up to 80mpg but I figure that was due to a slight decline in the road, it levelled around the 60's

Sounds like the 1 litre is a good little engine! As i do somewhere in the region of 25k a year I opted for the diesel though

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Sounds like the 1 litre is a good little engine! As i do somewhere in the region of 25k a year I opted for the diesel though

It's very good in city and to speeds up to about 50mph...(managed average 60.4mpg over 30 miles).

Highway @ 70mph, instantaneous shows 46-51 [email protected] not so good. Old 2.0 TDI would show about 57-63 mpg range...instantaneous @ 2200 rpm.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise