SEAT Leon 1.8 resonator delete

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
So today I brought a seat leon 1.8 dsg 2013. I was meant to get the Cupra but insurance was way to. High.

Long story short.
If I get the resonator pipe from progressive part that's meant for the Cupra 280, will it fit the 1.8 and also will I get the DSG farts if I do the resonator delete or do I need to do a full catback exhaust system from Remus

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So today I brought a seat leon 1.8 dsg 2013. I was meant to get the Cupra but insurance was way to. High.

Long story short.
If I get the resonator pipe from progressive part that's meant for the Cupra 280, will it fit the 1.8 and also will I get the DSG farts if I do the resonator delete or do I need to do a full catback exhaust system from Remus
Exhaust routing is likely to be different to the Cupra, however only way of knowing it will fit is to take it then to have a look at.

Sadly not all the res deletes even for the Cupra are the same. Subtle changes in the pipe bends means it’s not a one fits all.

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
Exhaust is likely to be different to the Cupra, however only way of knowing it will fit is to take it then to have a look at.

Sadly not all the res deletes even for the Cupra are the same...
I will have to see might to take it to an exhaust shop.
If I do get the resonator delete will it still do the DSG farts

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I will have to see might to take it to an exhaust shop.
If I do get the resonator delete will it still do the DSG farts
Again can’t 100% say. It’s likely though. The farts don’t just come from having less exhuast silencing, but also the way the ecu works with the gearbox.

For example on my carbon before the res delete you could here the farts, but they’d be a chunk louder in cupra mode.

Now with the res delete it’s close to a crack on gear change in cupra mode, where normal is still the little blap.

On the previous 280, you could only here the farts in cupra mode and the sound actuator turned off.

Unless someone else has done it it’s hard to say.

Is it likely, yes.

Is it a definite. No.

Reactions: seat4life
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.