Seat Leon 150 FR, 55 plate.. Fuel Pump Relay/Turbo Wastegate Value errors

duncy21

Evening guys,

First post,.. sad that it has to be for a continuing problem im having.

Purchased a 55 plate Seat Leon FR 150bhp just over a month ago from a car supermarket in Hull. The car made it 3 hours down from Hull back to London when it went into limp mode with fuel pump relay and turbo wastegate value errors on the computer which i had to get the RAC to clear why i had a lovely curry in peterbrough services (i recommend the Tikka Masala).

Right.. for the past month its been in and out of my local mechanics who have looked after many of my families cars over the years. One of them (who i believe is fixing it) owns a MK1 Cupra. As he put it today "its been a while since ive had to fix such a sod of a car". They all love it.. just wish it would fix itself.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Alot of the time driving around the power just disappears, well not disappears but its limp mode so only 2k revs etc. They replaced both turbo wastegate value and the fuel pump relay, plus a few other things along the way including all the glow plugs, but we believe there was actually an issue with one of those.

Still those errors reappear. An autoelectrican is now thoroughly going through the car now suspected an earthing or component causing the errors to the ECU.

Any ideas or experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dunc.

duncy21

oh... and its done 41k.

oh and a few code notes as of 31st march.. not sure if all of these are still present.. though i know fuel pump relay.

17957 - Boost pressure regulation value (n75) open or shot to ground
p1549 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18080 - Coolant fan control 1 : open or short to ground
p1672 - 35-10 - - - intermittent
17932 - fuel pump relay (j17) : open or short to ground
p1524 - 35-10 - - - intermittent
19461 - relay for high-output preheating of coolant (j360) : short or plus

Believed now fixed:
17055 cylinder 1 glow plug circuit (q10) electrical fault
p0671 - 35-00 - -

They replaced all 4 glow plugs.. and i believe the thats now fixed.. but the errors ive had all along are 17932 or 18080.. though i believe these came up as something else/less specific on a VAG-COM hand held reader.

one sec.. they were P0230 and P0243 which i believes fuel pump relay and wastegate valve.

Any helps lads would be greatly appreciated.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Open/short circuit suggest they have lost there power source, have they been unplugged with the ignition on? if not i'd speak to seat or try to get a wiring diagram to see if there is a common component that links all of these.

I'd check all the wiring in the engine bay for signs of water ingress because it sounds like a large connector has water in it thus causing your problem, however some of the components mentioned are not in the same location as each other.

duncy21

An auto electrican is currently working his way through the car looking at all the wiring and grounding of components.. so fingers crossed.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Through past experience auto electricians are not brand specific fault finders, seat however have a system called guided fault finding which will lead you directly to the probable cause, it will use the several fault codes you have and may point directly to one component so if you auto electrician doesnt find anything your local seat dealer will be your next best port of call.

medicpaul

A old thread i know but i have a similar problem with my 130TDI Bora, was wondering if anymore was ever found out?

strugers1

I had loads of short to ground errors on my tdi130....a cable had broken and was rubbing on my ic pipe and earthing out.....cheeck everything with fine tooth comb..mine was summit silly like that I hope yours is too my friend

duncy21

A fix for my fault hasnt yet been found. The best suggestion Seat/or their licensed dealer was to reimage the ECU from scratch but if thats not the fault thats over a grand down the pan.

My next plan is to directly contact Seat to ask them about it with all the fault codes etc. It works fine for ages then goes from fits of error codes.. which are always the same but those parts have been replaced.

duncy21

The car was taken to Seat and had a brand new ECU installed and configured by them.

Cost £1000 pounds but the cars has been fine ever since and that was 2010.

What i actually did first was to send the ECU to ECU Doctor. He said there was no fault. Getting a brand new ECU installed from Seat made the car act like brand new and all the faults were gone.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
A remap will not fix a hardware failure.

Check your wiring.
If that's ok then buy another ecu and get it fitted, all you need is vcds and a means to retrieve the skc code from the ecu.

jamespearson

17957 - Boost pressure regulation value (n75) open or shot to ground
I had that fault on mine and it was sticky turbo vains and the company I ought it off of replaced the turbo on warranty :) if you bought the car from a dealer you have 6 months warranty as standard in trading laws :)