Seat Leon fr 184 Servicing

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

First post so bare with me please. I've tried scoping the forums but couldn't really find anything. Bought a dsg 2.0 184 (2015) around 6 months ago and decided to give it a full service. I've also decided to buy the servicing parts myself then pay the full price for crappy parts.
My question is regarding the air filter, on eurocarparts they have 2 types with different sizes, one is 80 x 292 x 177 (for dusty cold) whilst the other is 70 x 292 x 177 (standard). I'm opting for the standard air filter as I've read buy cheaper and replace more often for air filters as they're not a big thing for diesels?

I have the same issue with the fuel filter. I'm opting for a mann fuel filter however there are 2 sizes. 170 x 77 and and 153 x 93, which one is the correct one?
I've decided to go with the Mann oil filter however they only have one option for this so I'm assuming it's the correct one.
I've also decided to go with a standard cheap pollen/cabin filter (only seem to come in one size).

Any thoughts would be fantastic and much appreciated. Thanks

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Welcome mate!

Just to add to your list, check the service history to see if the DSG has been serviced and the cambelt/waterpump should have been changed last year. Also check if the brake fluid has been changed, aircon re-gassed, etc.

Mar 3, 2020
Welcome mate!

Just to add to your list, check the service history to see if the DSG has been serviced and the cambelt/waterpump should have been changed last year. Also check if the brake fluid has been changed, aircon re-gassed, etc.

Dsg + cambelt done!
Brake fluid does need doing so I'll add that to the list. Should I replace coolant or anything along them lines

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
I've got the 2014 184 manual and these are what I buy for mine. They've updated the pictures which are a bit confusing.

Air filter

Oil filter

Cabin filter

Don't know about fuel filter as I've never done one.

Mar 3, 2020
I've got the 2014 184 manual and these are what I buy for mine. They've updated the pictures which are a bit confusing.

Air filter

Oil filter

Cabin filter

Don't know about fuel filter as I've never done one.

Thanks for that!

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
2.0 TDI 184 ST owner here, manual not DSG though.

I replace my air and cabin filter every year. These are the MANN part numbers I use:

Air filter: MANN C30005, 502441989 (70mm height, not 80).

Cabin filter: CUK26009, 507440539 (this is the activated charcoal version).

I have the original Seat fitted air and cabin filters in front of me now. These have MANN stamped on them. The part number for genuine air filter is 5Q0 129 620 B and cabin filter is 5Q0 819 653 if you want those.

I believe the 80mm height air filter is just for use in extreme cold climates and has a 'fuzzy' bit on top to prevent ice build up in the filter element.

thumbnail_20210319_223405.jpg

Mar 3, 2020
2.0 TDI 184 ST owner here, manual not DSG though.

I replace my air and cabin filter every year. These are the MANN part numbers I use:

Air filter: MANN C30005, 502441989 (70mm height, not 80).

Cabin filter: CUK26009, 507440539 (this is the activated charcoal version).

I have the original Seat fitted air and cabin filters in front of me now. These have MANN stamped on them. The part number for genuine air filter is 5Q0 129 620 B and cabin filter is 5Q0 819 653 if you want those.

I believe the 80mm height air filter is just for use in extreme cold climates and has a 'fuzzy' bit on top to prevent ice build up in the filter element.

View attachment 22884
Perfect thank you! Do you change these yourself as I don't think they're too difficult or at local?
Would you say air filter is worth doing yearly or generally mileage dependant

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Perfect thank you! Do you change these yourself as I don't think they're too difficult or at local?
Would you say air filter is worth doing yearly or generally mileage dependant
Generally for the cost i change air filter at every service.

i think manual is at 40k but it’s that cheap i just change every 10k

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Dsg + cambelt done!
Brake fluid does need doing so I'll add that to the list. Should I replace coolant or anything along them lines
Coolant 'SHOULD' have been flushed and replaced during your cam belt change. Should look nice and purple/pink in your header tank.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

First post so bare with me please. I've tried scoping the forums but couldn't really find anything. Bought a dsg 2.0 184 (2015) around 6 months ago and decided to give it a full service. I've also decided to buy the servicing parts myself then pay the full price for crappy parts.
My question is regarding the air filter, on eurocarparts they have 2 types with different sizes, one is 80 x 292 x 177 (for dusty cold) whilst the other is 70 x 292 x 177 (standard). I'm opting for the standard air filter as I've read buy cheaper and replace more often for air filters as they're not a big thing for diesels?

I have the same issue with the fuel filter. I'm opting for a mann fuel filter however there are 2 sizes. 170 x 77 and and 153 x 93, which one is the correct one?
I've decided to go with the Mann oil filter however they only have one option for this so I'm assuming it's the correct one.
I've also decided to go with a standard cheap pollen/cabin filter (only seem to come in one size).

Any thoughts would be fantastic and much appreciated. Thanks
Fuel filter element for my car (2014 184TDI) is 5Q0127177 - but the correct filter element depends on which fuel filter housing you have.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Just to say, there are two filters for the Leon, the plain vanilla one and one with activated charcoal on it. The latter is supposed to be for cars with climate control but it is the same size and is simply a better filter. There is no reason why you can't use the better filter in your car even if you don't have climate control.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.