Seat Leon FR 2.0 2014 - Where can I get a clutch ???

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
The story is that my car jerks when shifting to a second gear, my mechanic said it's a clutch issue and I have to replace it, he advised me to get clutch myself and he will fit it. However I cannot find clutch to my car at reasonably price ! One guy from e bay said it's a special clutch and it has to be specially ordered, price £700 !!! :-o I asked if I can buy a kit only as there is a big chance that flywheel is fine but he stated that kits are not available !!! :/ Is this true? Is clutch to Leon FR 2014 2.0 184 BHP so expensive and difficult to get ...?? Please help !

AndySid

Oct 17, 2017
eurocarparts?
I put in Seat - Leon - 2014 - 2.0 - diesel
LUK clutch kit £309.99 if you use halloween discount code spooky80 at checkout it drops it down to £185.99 inc VAT.
You'll have to make sure it's right for your car but seems a damn sight better than £700

Last edited:

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
Hi Andy, you reckon it is the same clutch ? Aren't they superior or something in FR model ?

AndySid

Oct 17, 2017
I honestly don't know, whether you choose Leon, Leon SC or Leon ST it gives the same kit. Go on the site and put your reg in, it will tailor the suggestions.

AndySid

Oct 17, 2017
awesome GTI in Manchester stock a sachs Performance clutch for the mk3 Leon Cupra (again don't know if it's suitable nowhere has a "FR" selection) but that's £564

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
Thanks for a hint, I call them tomorrow, another question would be if my clutch kit was Luk brand can sasch brand be fitted ?

AndySid

Oct 17, 2017
It just says "for use with original flywheel". Give them a call tomorrow (or today...), i think Awesome are open only until 12 on a saturday though. But the guys there will be able to help, they did my APR remap, nothing but good things to say.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Have you been to a SEAT dealer and asked for a mechanic to test drive the car first?
if the clutch isn't slipping it might not be a clutch problem as it only happens when shifting into 2nd.
I find mine isn't smooth (jerks slightly) when lifting pedal after going into 2nd unless i take a bit longer when lifting the pedal then it's smooth

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
Hi Rob,

I have exactly same issue, it jerks less when lifting pedal slower. I have actually noticed that it also jerks slightly on the third gear and I literally hate it ! Can't believe I haven't noticed it when buying the car, well it was my dream car so I probably was too excited when test driving it. I have actually booked no obligation seat technician test drive, have you done it ?? I have done loads of research and because these clutches are so rare the price is very high, cheapest I found with flywheel is £590 from Italy. Hoping that Seat will find something different bit I doubt it. Private seller must of sold it because of clutch getting worse ....:/

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I think it's just a characteristic of the car?
When dipping the clutch i notice the revs drop instantly so this means when lifting the pedal quickly the engine speed is higher than the revs shown and will create the jerkiness.
If lifting the pedal slower then the engine revs and revs displayed will link together smoother?
Can't think of a proper explanation but this is how i see it?

Wonder if a software update would cure this if it can slow the revs dropping so fast?

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
I tell you what if this is car characteristics then I am selling it next week. My wife has seat Leon Ecomotive 2010, and you CANNOT feel any jerking when changing gears it's soo smooth. Something is definitely wrong with either clutch or gear box, maybe it's software I am hoping to find out more from seat. Anyone know if these cars are fitted with Clutch Delay Valve?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Try driving along (in any gear) then dip the clutch, you'll see the revs drop off straight away - previous cars i've had the revs drop gradually

Oct 28, 2017
Hi Mate, is it the car currently remapped? What is mileage of the vehicle?

Sounds weird, have you tried to pull the handbrake tight and engage 4th gear then gently lift your foot to see if it bites correctly. (this will put strain on your flywheel and clutch)

Just be aware these clutches are self-adjusting so your mechanic needs a special tool when tensioning new clutch onto the flywheel.

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
I just drove it, revs drop after about 0.5 sec hanging, now is this normal ? Maybe it's correct in modern cars ??

Marty, car has done 40k miles.I don't really know if it is remapped, how can I find out ?
I will try what you suggested later on.

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
So I have done what you suggested, I think it bites correctly because I even stalled/choked the car twice...

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
Robby have a look on the revs. in below movie, revs drop quite quick while shifting gears without visible jerking.
***htt ps://m.youtu be.com/ watch?v=ROyEA-AYnh0*†*

Oct 28, 2017
I don't thing that it's the clutch that's worn out. As the max torque is at higher range rpm. 40k miles sounds way too early for the clutch.

Sounds bit like worn mounts.

Put handbrake on

Try to rev engine 2500 rpm

Engage 2nd gear

Then slowly release.

It shut stall. If it does it's not slipping that's for sure.

Make sure you've got bit space around you in case it jerks little bit.

seatlove

Oct 15, 2017
Hi All,

Marty_Mc I have tried this and my car stalled, no slipping. Where can I find the mountings? Can I inspect them myself?

So I took my car to Seat garage for no obligation test drive by Seat "technician". the technician driven the car for about 10 minutes and said that this is perfectly fine clutch, and this is how sport clutches behave and I should used to it or learn when to release clutch pedal to minimize jerking !! Technician also stated that perhaps car was remapped and has a few more BHP that is why clutch may be less forgiving, can it be true?

I can'r really believe that sports clutches are jerking the car on 2nd and 3rd gear and this is normal, as far as I am aware my car wasn't remaped...

At this moment I still don't know whether my clutch is faulty or something else is causing jerking, i don't really want to pay £900 +VAT for clutch replacement (cheapest I found).

Has any of you guys have Seat Leon FR 2014 184 BHP DIESEL? How clutch behaves? does car jerk on the 2nd and 3rd gear?

I found that my car doesn't jerk at all or jerk is minimal if I release clutch spot on on 1700 RPM...weird, my wife has 2010 ecomotive seat leon and transition is so smooth that you don't even notice gear change ... She drove my car and also noticed the issue.

Just to be precise, my car jerks when releasing clutch pedal on 2nd and 3rd gear like I would of pressed brake pedal for 0.5sec just straight after releasing the pedal if it makes sense.

I have also noticed that only time it doesn't jerk is first thing in the morning during first 1-2 gear shifts.

Any ideas?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Not sure if this is any help but... There is something in the software that increases revs as you release clutch. Try it. Gearbox in neutral, press clutch pedal to floor. Select first, start to let clutch rise, and the revs increase. apparently it's done to 'aid new drivers' :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.