Seat leon halogen to led

Apr 12, 2021
Hello!! One question please. I have a Seat Leon mk3 2019 Facelift with standar halogen headlights and retrofitted LED tailights.

I know that in case i want to retrofit the halogen to led headlights i need facelift headlights, fcm, new bcm, leveling sensor , wiring coding etc.

A friend of mine, gave me (for free) a couple of LED headlights but from pre-facelift 2015 model to use or keep them. (he has fitted facelift's headlights to his car)

My question now is:

If i get an adapter or any wire needed or canbus canceler etc etc could i try to fit pre-facelift LED headlights (2014-2017) to my facelift? What do i need? I dont mind extras like leveling sensor i just want them to be functional. If anyone has done something like that please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

marlop

To fit pre-facelift headlights to your facelift Leon with no levelling, you don't need any wires or cancellers. Just pin adapters following the new pinout (see image bellow) and coding (the same coding required for a pre-facelift Leon).

Greetings from the Canaries ;)
2fc3d8d9562316cb5971bcd438d97e7d.jpg

Apr 12, 2021
To fit pre-facelift headlights to your facelift Leon with no levelling, you don't need any wires or cancellers. Just pin adapters following the new pinout (see image bellow) and coding (the same coding required for a pre-facelift Leon).

You have message

Apr 12, 2021
Your doubts may be also the questions of other users. Let's share the information here. Thanks.
OK you are right. So where can I find an adapter with the diagram you sent me? I must create it by myself? And if I create it I just plug the pre facelift led headlights to halogen facelift and do some coding and I'm ok? No canbus problem no check engine?

marlop

OK you are right. So where can I find an adapter with the diagram you sent me? I must create it by myself?
There are different sites where you can get them, though they are not cheap and are prepared to be used taking some wires to the BCM. If you get these ones, you would have to do a couple of changes (pin 10). No doubt you would save a lot of money if you create them by yourself.

And if I create it I just plug the pre facelift led headlights to halogen facelift and do some coding and I'm ok? No canbus problem no check engine?
That's right.

183cc70032d6542c019ff59daed86dbf.jpg

Apr 12, 2021
And if I test exactly the same thing with facelift led headlights will have the same results? Or it work only with pre facelift?

Dec 17, 2021

Hello
I make same wiring in prefacelift model to add prefacelift led I code everything to led but my drl won’t light up ??! My bcm is 084AG .. do you know what I make wrong ?

Mar 20, 2022

Is it possible to change the halogen headlights to the LED headlights in the facelift 2017 seat leon se dynamic

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
There are different sites where you can get them, though they are not cheap and are prepared to be used taking some wires to the BCM. If you get these ones, you would have to do a couple of changes (pin 10). No doubt you would save a lot of money if you create them by yourself.

That's right.

183cc70032d6542c019ff59daed86dbf.jpg
Did you mind and share me those sites.. cause I’m unable to find connectors for my proyect.

Last edited:

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
does plexiglass from halogen fits to LED (preFL)? buying used halogen is cheaper than LED, in case if only plexiglass is broken ...

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
Unfortunately, retrofitting facelift LEDs is much more complicated than just 2 adapters.
Why you said that? Also did you get the wiring adapters? Or did you made them? I found some options at eBay but the costs variety a lot just in case you want them or how long have you been advanced

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.