Seat Leon MK3 FR 2013 replacing OEM Front parking sensors

Jun 8, 2020
Hello

I have been struggling to find any relevant info on replacing front parking sensors for Leon.
My front parking sensor aren't working and when connecting to the computer it shows that my front middle left parking sensor seems to be faulty. I want to replace it my self as it seems like a pretty cheap and moderately difficult task to do but I am struggling to find any info on the internet how to do it.
The sensor was broken since I bought the car but I am assuming that current sensors are original from manufacturer.
Can anybody please point me to the right sensor I can purchase and share any experiences with replacing front parking sensor on my car?

Best
Radek.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I don't know where you would get one sensor as they are usually sold in sets. They used to be Cobra Parkmaster. I would check the plug and wiring first before you change the sensor. If you do need to change it it's easy to do, once the bumper is off that is! The sensor itself screws into the plastic cowling that's glued to the back of the bumper.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
First I'm guessing that as you have discovered that it is the centre left sensor that is causing the problem that you have genuine SEAT Leon factory fitted OPS, so I'd be inclined to check the part numbers as suggested above and look on ebay for someone selling genuine sensors, basically these VW Group ones come in one of two physical configurations, the connector either fits onto the end of the sensor or at right angles and so onto the side of the sensor - that will be important in terms of how the installation was integrated into that car.
Also, the P/N have changed quite a bit over the years for the same part, but that will just be due to either improvements or a change of user, they are typically backwards compatible though I'd always aim to get either same P/N as fitted to your car or a later/newer version.
NOS appear from time to time on ebay, my advice would be to buy a couple if you find them at a sensible price, then buy a "twin pack of spray paint" from your local SEAT dealership, or preferably from "Mike" who supplies parts and will be listed on this forum.
Buying new ordered in from your local SEAT dealership and then getting them to paint them will cost quite a bit I'd think - these sensors just push into the holders bonded to the bumper cover.
It will be a "bumper off" job though.

Edit:- remember these will not be SEAT specific parts, they are general VW Group parts used across some of the fleet, including Porsche and Lambo, though these two marques parts seem to attract higher prices, at least online.
One other thing, make sure that you can make out the entire part number on any being sold initially to make sure that you know which variant is the correct one for your car, they seen to be the "A" version by the parts listing, but the schematic on the parts listing shows the variant without a suffix - but some of these diagrams do not represent the actual shape of the item, just a generic drawing. Checking what is actually fitted to your car would prove to you which variant is currently fitted and also allow you to check if it is a wiring issue or an actual sensor failure - that vehicle scan is just reporting what is not working, so should be taken as a "starter for 10" though it might be exactly correct to assume that it is the sensor itself.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020
Hey
I have bought this sensor as almost everywhere on internet it said this is the right one.

As you mentioned this is pretty much the same sensor that goes into Golfs
I have also bought a touch up paint on ebay which matches my colour code and I will carefully paint it my self.
I found one guy on youtube replacing sensors in Golf MK7 and it didn't look that complicated. He was replacing one of the outer sensors, and he could get in there through the fender cover.
As you said I think I will have to take the bumper off in order to get to mine.
I will try to take some photos and if I won't forget I will post my progress here.
Thank you all for help.
Best.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
@Radek_Ch, remember to check which version is currently fitted, I thought that one parts listing claimed it was the "A" version, ie the version with the "inline" socket and not the right angled socket.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.