SEAT Leon Supercopa Challenge 2009 UK

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT racing teams aim for a return to UK circuits in 2009

Developments for the progression of the SEAT Leon Supercopa Challenge 2009 took a major step forward today as SEAT Sport Spain announced the appointment of a parts and technical partner in the UK.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

The teams involved are all working hard to make this a success. So as and when it gets the go ahead next year we'll have to organise some meets at the race circuits and help support the drivers and teams.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Dunno about you my friend but that is incredibly exciting news for this follower of the SEAT brand in motorsport. Perhaps this is the resurection of the SCC that was hoped for.

Looking at the series website I am certainly encouraged by what is on offer. I especially like the fact they have waived race entry fee and offered it for free. I also like the fact the organisers will look to encourage the drivers to compete in other SEAT Leon one-make championships.

I hope in the future seasons though they think about moving the British rounds to the BTCC support series. But I don't see much hope of that.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
For those who won't be able to see the meetings, hopefully ITV4 will sieze on a very good opportunity and broadcast it alongside coverage of the BTCC. I would like that.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not so sure it will make it onto ITV, it's not even on the BTCC tour and the supports got only token coverage last year. Sometimes they were lucky and got a live race during the afternoon, but most of their races were shown at 1am on weeknights.

I think it would be more likely to see them get some coverage on MotorsTV like the Dunlop Festivals got last year.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Some great photos from the Eurocup at the Autosport Show on the series website.

I would like your predictions though on something. With a single team yet to register who would you like to see do the series? Who is more likely to do the Eurocup?

I would like to see TCR and Welch Motorsport do it. Out of the drivers I think is could be made for the likes of Lawson, Byford, and Jonathan Adam.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Some great photos from the Eurocup at the Autosport Show on the series website.

I would like your predictions though on something. With a single team yet to register who would you like to see do the series? Who is more likely to do the Eurocup?

I would like to see TCR and Welch Motorsport do it. Out of the drivers I think is could be made for the likes of Lawson, Byford, and Jonathan Adam.

Johnathon Adam, surely with his track record, he deserves bigger things

Lawson and Byford ain't exactly slow either :lol:

Tim@Advent

TV now confirmed for ITV's Men and Motors with 9x 1 hour programmes.

Highlights are then also going out on Motors TV and Channel FIVE as part of Race and Rally UK - a Supercopa overdose!

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
When will Race & Rally start? Do you know?

But streaming will also be available through the series website and through the website of one of the first drivers installed as a SuperCopa driver (Tim Chrighton - Tim will race with Freddy Nordstrom with Advent Motorsport with a third and final driver for the team TBC)

Tim@Advent

Hi Jason,

Not quite sure when the coverage is scheduled for but no doubt a programme will be released in due course. I would assume that each programme will be shown a couple of weeks after the race.

Streaming is going to be available on the supercopa website and SEAT.co.uk as well, and I'm hoping to get it linked through to my site as well timcrighton.com :)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Hi Jason,

Not quite sure when the coverage is scheduled for but no doubt a programme will be released in due course. I would assume that each programme will be shown a couple of weeks after the race.

Streaming is going to be available on the supercopa website and SEAT.co.uk as well, and I'm hoping to get it linked through to my site as well timcrighton.com :)

Hi Tim,

It never occoured to silly little me that the very last poster to me WAS the very driver I refered to. Good luck for the new season. Hope all goes well for you.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.