Seat Navigation vs Navigation Plus... material differences?

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
I did some searching on the forum and on Google and as far as I understand it the main differences of any real significance of the Navi Plus vs the standard Navi are:
  1. Pro has '3D' maps
  2. Pro has POI import capability
  3. Pro allows you to have map on both Navi system and Virtual Cockpit at the same time
  4. Pro has internal SSD with 10GB space left space for music
  5. Pro can play videos and FLAC

Sources:

https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=525
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....pro-cross-plus-and-pro-out-for-no-nav.430234/

Am I missing anything? I have excludes things like additional ports as I don't think those are too important.

My new 'almost fully loaded' Cupra only has the standard Navigation system (as well as no rear safety net divider) and I am trying to figure out if I should be bothered or not. So far I haven't seen anything that I think I would really miss, bearing in mind I can buy Tom Tom Go for my Android phone and then mirror it to the Navi. :)

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I did some searching on the forum and on Google and as far as I understand it the main differences of any real significance of the Navi Plus vs the standard Navi are:
  1. Pro has '3D' maps
  2. Pro has POI import capability
  3. Pro allows you to have map on both Navi system and Virtual Cockpit at the same time
  4. Pro has internal SSD with 10GB space left space for music
  5. Pro can play videos and FLAC

Sources:

https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=525
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....pro-cross-plus-and-pro-out-for-no-nav.430234/

Am I missing anything? I have excludes things like additional ports as I don't think those are too important.

My new 'almost fully loaded' Cupra only has the standard Navigation system (as well as no rear safety net divider) and I am trying to figure out if I should be bothered or not. So far I haven't seen anything that I think I would really miss, bearing in mind I can buy Tom Tom Go for my Android phone and then mirror it to the Navi. :)
WLAN is another feature but think you have covered everything else.

Although according to SEAT all cars produced after this years summer shutdown should have WLAN as standard.

Thats one thing I have yet to confirm..

Google maps via Android auto is another option.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
WLAN is another feature but think you have covered everything else.

Although according to SEAT all cars produced after this years summer shutdown should have WLAN as standard.

Thats one thing I have yet to confirm..

Google maps via Android auto is another option.

Tom Tom One or Waze should also work via Mirrorlink, right? :)

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
No TomTom on CarPlay yet but they are saying it will be available early 2019. The sooner the better as far as I’m concerned.

Standard navigation not worth a w*nk in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For example, my nav tried to send me down a bridlepath yesterday - over the stile and down the grassy path, no thanks and back to android auto for me.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
For example, my nav tried to send me down a bridlepath yesterday - over the stile and down the grassy path, no thanks and back to android auto for me.

Ok mate thanks, good to know... I can't see many Car Satnavs beating a constantly updated Phone Nav app!

Do you know if its possible to have the In-Car Satnav on the virtual cockpit while at the same time using mirrorlink for Google maps? Also can you move mirrorlink navigation to the virtual cockpit display?:)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Tom Tom One or Waze should also work via Mirrorlink, right? :)

There are 3 ways to connect a phone:
- Carplay (iOS devices) - now open to 3rd party navigation apps
- Android auto (only supports Google maps or Waze for navigation)
- MirrorLink (only for licensed phones - I think only Samsung and a few others) and only supports limited set of apps (I think Sygic works, but not sure about TomTom)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
...and answering your other question, only the (crappy) in car navigation can be displayed in virtual cockpit
Yes but using CarPlay can use the central screen to mirror the phones sat nav. That way can use virtual cockpit to see the road layout ahead and the main screen for actual sat nav. Best of both worlds :)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Yes but using CarPlay can use the central screen to mirror the phones sat nav. That way can use virtual cockpit to see the road layout ahead and the main screen for actual sat nav. Best of both worlds :)

Is this one of those "because I can" things? ;)
...being fair, I am a bit jealous of the virtual cockpit - it was launched one month after I got my car. Had I known, I would probably have waited, although I am not sure how well it would function in the Finnish cold.

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
One more feature I remember, with SEAT media control app, connected through wifi, you can control music through phone.

Also, you can use google maps to locate the destination on map and send that destination to your car's satnav.

I believe since they have wifi hardware in there, future upgrade of firmware might bring wireless carplay and android auto.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just found this isn’t possible on normal nav.
You can display CarPlay maps on the central screen AND navigation maps on the DC. But soon as you tell CarPlay to do directions it disables the map on the DC

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
You can display CarPlay maps on the central screen AND navigation maps on the DC. But soon as you tell CarPlay to do directions it disables the map on the DC

Meh I think it's still a moot point as the Satnav on the Leon is really nothing special to start with. The Navi Pro is certainly not worth the huge increase in cost imo.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
So just to be clear guys, I will never be able to put Google maps mirrored in my digital cockpit if I have the standard Navigation system (non-PLUS)... it will never show me anything from Android? I am not talking about having the factory nav on at the same time, I just mean sending Google/Sygic etc to the digital nav.

If not that is a pretty big weakness long-term imo.

Reactions: seatgraham

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So just to be clear guys, I will never be able to put Google maps mirrored in my digital cockpit if I have the standard Navigation system (non-PLUS)... it will never show me anything from Android? I am not talking about having the factory nav on at the same time, I just mean sending Google/Sygic etc to the digital nav.

Well I can't. You don;t even get directions on the DC. However I do get directions on the iphone screen. So if you have your phone mounted near the steering wheel (I don't) then that can help a little I suppose.

But yeah not great.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Unfortunately you'll not be able to to get Android auto based nav in the digital cockpit.

It's a big shame but none of the digital cockpits across the VAG offer this functionality at present.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Well I can't. You don;t even get directions on the DC. However I do get directions on the iphone screen. So if you have your phone mounted near the steering wheel (I don't) then that can help a little I suppose.

But yeah not great.

Unfortunately you'll not be able to to get Android auto based nav in the digital cockpit.

It's a big shame but none of the digital cockpits across the VAG offer this functionality at present.

Ok thanks guys I guess it will just have to stay the traditional way in the middle screen for now then. Really a shame not to have the basic directions in the center at least.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.