Seat Sound Part Numbers - Ateca 2016

Oct 8, 2023
Hi all,

I've just brought an Ateca - First Edition. I've been reading lots of threads on here regarding retrofits, and ordered the parts for the auto lights/wipers so will be giving that a go shortly.
I've also looked at threads regarding Seat Sound, and up for giving that a go but find a lot of conflicting part numbers/dont know if the Leon/VW's are the same. Can anyone with an early edition or indeed later if the part number is backward compatible, advise of the part numbers for the component parts? Or if there is a best resource for this would be great to hear!

Much appreciated!

Tell

Staff member
Feels like one for East Yorkshire Retrofit @East Yorkshire Retrofits

When Seat sold the first Atecas least in Xcellence form you were able to add the goodies and they were built to order with the goodies. The First Edition was the value package with a range of goodies on it to give value and promote.

I attach the original 2016 price list. Some head scratching people worked out the offer with the configurator.

On the boards there was grousing about the original sound system and the Seat sound system. The Seat sound system has the subwoofer in the spare wheel plus an additional centre speaker.

The dealer training manual SSP163 covers the speaker arrangement. You can see what you got verses the Seat Sound System.

Think you'd be drilling a hole in the centre up front and you need the sub woofer in the wheel. I think the installed speakers were the same as the Seat Sound System just missing two, the wiring and the coding. The infotainment system has to be coded to tell it, it's got a Seat Sound System.... coming back to me now. There is no crossover in these systems. The infotainment feeds the sound on a pin out basis to each speaker. There is another thread on perhaps the Arona side... somewhere, where someone is doing this. I looked at the coding for them.

The mount for the sub woofer etc is on a pinned thread. Here again early issues you could buy the boot options this is now sorted.

I got a suspicion that East Yorkshire would say don't bother with the Seat Sound System... I know they don't like it since it's been improved on. The thread I mentioned where someone was cutting holes in the door where we talked about coding the infotainment for the speaker disposition is worth finding. You have to do that. They were doing a complete speaker refit. If it's DIY a few pointers.

Note. Search for SSP 163 for the dealers training manual. Too big to upload. That gives you the speaker arrangements as sold originally.

The Arona one is here then I linked to the other thread:

Where I went to town with the SSP I mentioned

From here for the coding

Next post my Obdeleven setting on my Seat Sound System.

All fun I use to do speaker projects so it was interesting what you had to do now.

Attachments

• AtecaMY17_Pricelist.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: trickyharris

Tell

Staff member
& the boot variable floor bit which is the foam not supplied in the above is here if the First Edition didn't have it:

That thread I link to the Ateca Cupra 4 Drive boot floor for completeness. These are the bits that originally you couldn't buy if not specified at the time of purchase. Those parts can be ordered from another board sponsor linked.

On parts for flicking through on a related subject the Ekta websites come and go since they are Russia sites using Vag copyright material with sale site web links. The 2017 Ateca parts sites for looking at can be found. Future years they fizzle out. That came up on the original posts for the 4Drive boot floor. Basically the parts people if you do order the foam and boards if the boot is missing what you want, order a medley of parts that are used across Vag models. Where you need Seat parts experts. One is a sponsor of the board.

Reactions: trickyharris
Oct 8, 2023
Many thanks for your detailed replies - much appreciated.
I have been doing much reading and part number searching. I've brought the sub which I believe is the correct part but will take a look at the thread on the foam/and or just get a second hand spare wheel. I haven't been able to find the part numbers for the connections for the head unit however, so will continue searching..
And yes if I lived closer to @East Yorkshire Retrofits I'd certainly make my life easier and take up their services!

Many thanks for your detailed replies - much appreciated.
I have been doing much reading and part number searching. I've brought the sub which I believe is the correct part but will take a look at the thread on the foam/and or just get a second hand spare wheel. I haven't been able to find the part numbers for the connections for the head unit however, so will continue searching..
And yes if I lived closer to @East Yorkshire Retrofits I'd certainly make my life easier and take up their services!
Our kit is DIY kit containing absolutely everything you need, including the reconfiguration of the infotainment unit. There's no need to travel to us :)

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
It's a bit like those electronic projects where you buy the parts yourself from assorted places and wonder whether you have the right parts or buy the lot together from the official place 😂. Those electronics projects in mags of old with the details of the supplier for the project... same thing I reckon 😉.

The harness and leads....sounds agricultural.

Oct 8, 2023
Indeed.. half the fun is sourcing the components!
It's a bit like those electronic projects where you buy the parts yourself from assorted places and wonder whether you have the right parts or buy the lot together from the official place 😂. Those electronics projects in mags of old with the details of the supplier for the project... same thing I reckon 😉.

The harness and leads....sounds agricultural.

Oct 8, 2023
Our kit is DIY kit containing absolutely everything you need, including the reconfiguration of the infotainment unit. There's no need to travel to us :)
I do already have some of the parts (sub etc).. however did read that the head unit might not be compatible.. Is there anyway to check myself? part # 5QA035858A

Tell

Staff member
I believe whether it's mib2 standard or mib2 high they both do the Seat Sound System. I gave the coding of mine out via OBDEleven and that's on a Mib2 High. You can have a look and see whether you can find the screens if you have VCDS or Obdeleven Pro. That's where you condition the unit to the number of speakers. That comes up above on the thread. Clever stuff. I guess you can turn on the Seat Sound System setup even if you haven't got the speakers. May sound odd. Sub woofer screen would appear etc. All the crossover stuff is done in the unit not like the old days.

There is a long thread to work through here:

It was all the rage when mib2 came out for mib1 people to retrofit mib2 in their vehicles. Some is to take CP off the rest is about leads, pin out and coding.

I believe whether it's mib2 standard or mib2 high they both do the Seat Sound System. I gave the coding of mine out via OBDEleven and that's on a Mib2 High. You can have a look and see whether you can find the screens if you have VCDS or Obdeleven Pro. That's where you condition the unit to the number of speakers. That comes up above on the thread. Clever stuff. I guess you can turn on the Seat Sound System setup even if you haven't got the speakers. May sound odd. Sub woofer screen would appear etc. All the crossover stuff is done in the unit not like the old days.

It was all the rage when mib2 came out for mib1 people to retrofit mib2 in their vehicles. Some is to take CP off the rest is about leads, pin out and coding.

It isn't just coding, it's parameterisation too so not possible with obdeleven/VCDS etc

Tell

Staff member
It isn't just coding, it's parameterisation too so not possible with obdeleven/VCDS etc
Then he'll have to use the thread then if he's not going to use your good services (y).

Afraid I tend to think buy the car with all the gubbins on in the first place else it turns into a difficult DIY job or give it to the experts.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.