Seat Sport intercooler dimensions please!!!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
buh? forgive me for being stupid, but why do you need sizes on something that's a factory fit item?
the only thing you have to do on the FR is hack away some bits of bumper!

chris1903

Unless you have headlight washers, like me!

If you do, from what i have read on here, I believe you cant fit a fmic. :(

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
buh? forgive me for being stupid, but why do you need sizes on something that's a factory fit item?

does that mean i dont have to hack anything away on my bumpers dave? coz i dont fancy letting john loose with any kind of cutting device lol. only jokin:funk:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I would imagine you probably do baz as you have a facelift, pretty much the same bumper (Or was it only the grilles that are diff!?)

Headlight washers from everything I've seen rule you out from having the FMIC, it's a pretty tight fit with piping and everything as is.

Definately makes the car more torquey though :)

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
just wondering if you had the part numberfor the seat sports FMIC?....went in2 a seat dealer and he didnt understand what i was asking for.....and showed me a picture of the FR standard one....(intercooler). also, saw a thread ages ago about fitting one and i think there was a couple of things that were cut away but not much!!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I would imagine you probably do baz as you have a facelift, pretty much the same bumper (Or was it only the grilles that are diff!?)

Headlight washers from everything I've seen rule you out from having the FMIC, it's a pretty tight fit with piping and everything as is.

Definately makes the car more torquey though :)

i think the only difference is the honeycombes as ive noticed my honeycombes are black and rather close together where as the fr's are a grey/black colour and bigger gaps.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Unless you have headlight washers, like me!

If you do, from what i have read on here, I believe you cant fit a fmic. :(

Could try this one:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0013&product=FMINTPOLO

Ino its for a polo but cant see why it wouldnt fit an ibiza
Much better design than the forge for the ibiza as well IMO.
Only thing that could be an issue is fogs but who needs them anyway.

*EDIT*
May be slightly different but still may well work. Best bet would be ask forge.

Last edited:

chris1903

Works web filter blocks their website (why? :shrug:) so will have a looky when I get home. Won't be doing it in near future but worth a look for future ref! Cheers!

Mar 8, 2007
Maybe he wants to fit a universal intercooler and wants the size of the SS to see the maximum size he can fit?

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Cheers lad for going off course on my thread!!!
hmm...... 10 posts and no dimensions!!!

Reason i'm asking is because someone I know has got quit a few intercooler of different sizes that are going cheap!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Can't get the dimensions from mine now for obvious reasons.. But the SS one is only £235 anyway! Bargain if you ask me!

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK

that will explain why my bumper doesnt sit back on right,

where abouts do you have to chop the bumper do you know ?