Seat supplied sports exhaust

robert999123

Anyone tried one of these exhausts - suitable for 2008 seat 1.4 sportsrider and supplied by Seat. I can't post a picture (not enough posts yet), but its at the centre of the rear and is a double exhaust in a squarish shape. I think it looks pretty good, just wonder what it sounds like and if it improves performance.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I've not heard of anyone on here having one fitted. You also need a different rear valance with exhaust cut out. I doubt It'll improve performance but It may make the exhaust note sound different.

I looked into this but decided against it in the end and got a custom exhaust made. Loads of pictures in my readers ride if you want to have a look :)

robert999123

Thanks for the reply Altech - the exhaust is £280 and the valance £120, so not cheap, but I can't find any info on it. The guys at the garage are very helpful, but they've never fitted one before, so have no idea on what it sounds like or on any performance enhancement. It does look good though.

robert999123

Actually, after scouring this forum I've found 2 previous mentions of this exhaust, but no one who has actually fitted it. There's no trace of it anywhere else - youtube for instance. Surely if it was any good, someone would be talking about it! I'm thinking maybe I should take a tried and trusted route.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello!
I had the exhaust on the car, Well it came with my Cupra
Its a standard exhaust fella, The only reason its called sports is because its in the middle.

Its the first thing I had removed from the car and replaced with a custom made one with an Oval Pipe and a different sound.
Just so you know custom catback will be cheaper than the Sport Rubbish and you can pick sound and tip of your choice.

20090607163043.jpg

Thats the original^^^

20090713191551.jpg

The replacement!

robert999123

Thanks Chris for that info - you've been a real help. There's a tuning shop near me which has a good reputation - they make custom exhausts, so I'll be going to see them on Monday.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
if only SEAT did the rear bumper in the FR/Cupra style where the rear valance goes from the bottom right to the top of the number plate...would finish it off a lot nicer ;)

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Thanks for the reply Altech - the exhaust is £280 and the valance £120, so not cheap, but I can't find any info on it. The guys at the garage are very helpful, but they've never fitted one before, so have no idea on what it sounds like or on any performance enhancement. It does look good though.

is that £120 for the valance how much it is from the dealer?? interested in getting it myself once i get the updated rear bumper :lol:.

but would have to get a custom exhaust as i dont like the seat one.

robert999123

Yes, Main Seat dealer quoted £120 plus VAT and fitting if required. I havn't shopped around so I don't know if there's a cheaper solution.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Not keen on that Real Valance at all

if it was the standard black one with the centre exhaust it would look better , thats my opinion

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Yes, Main Seat dealer quoted £120 plus VAT and fitting if required. I havn't shopped around so I don't know if there's a cheaper solution.

cools, i imagine its easier from the dealer, i havent looked to much into it either but its not very common so dont think many will be available second hand.

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
Not keen on that Real Valance at all

if it was the standard black one with the centre exhaust it would look better , thats my opinion

i love it on my mk4 previous owner colour coded it with the rest of the car, they look much better in person and really change the appearence of the whole car, plus not many people have an ibiza like it.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.