Seat to launch 265hp Leon Cupra R in Frankfurt?

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
thats what got told hence why they used the cupra as top model and the lower model the fr ... may be wrong tho ... have no idea about the scirocco r alltho the new green they have it in looks wank material lol

Poverty

thats what got told hence why they used the cupra as top model and the lower model the fr ... may be wrong tho ... have no idea about the scirocco r alltho the new green they have it in looks wank material lol

thing that was just a myth that was floating about on scn for a while tbh.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I was told this information a while back. It will be interesting to see how they dress it up and how much it will cost though.

DSG and AP brakes will make the most difference over the existing Cupra, and probably an S3 spec engine/intercooler/turbo. One would have to assume it will wear the same Aero kit every other model has, probably with stripes like the Copa version did.

One would imagine it will cost at least £2k more than the Cupra when it comes out next year with the £1k of brakes and normal DSG option price on the FR. This will make it expensive for a car which will effectively be a last gasp for the MK2 though which is due to be replaced in 2011. It should be some car though, especially if they give it a mechanical diff and lightweight wheels (unlikely).

It will be very interesting to see what materialises eventually, if indeed anything :)

Last edited:

Gabba

"Buyers overseas aren't left wanting for sport models from Volkswagen's Spanish subsidiary, including the sporty FR line and the powerful Cupra range.":think:

This information is surprise for me ! Here,in Hungary SEAT sells more Leon in 2008 and 2009(also FR and Cupra) than in 2006,2007.....
It has got any informations someone, about the selling numbers Leon ( Fr, Cupra) Europe,Great Britain,etc ??:confused:

I think, the Cupra R will be another front/rear bumper, than the new FR/Cupra, and not the body kit.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Quite like the look of those seats, might have to blagg a set of them; Leather trim always a nice option.

DSG will be a great addition too imo

Not sure enough to lure me away from current model though

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
The pic does state its a current cupra model. If they did launch an R of what ever they will call it it will do well and easily map a to 300bhp+ so going to be rapid.
Could of course just be all rumours though as that txct is all over the web but only in blogs.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The pic does state its a current cupra model. If they did launch an R of what ever they will call it it will do well and easily map a to 300bhp+ so going to be rapid.
Could of course just be all rumours though as that txct is all over the web but only in blogs.

The current cupra easily maps to 300hp :)

It would be the same engine in the Cupra R (and S3) just mapped different.

seatleonfrdsg08

Has anybody heard the rumours that SEAT were apparantly bringing out a 300bhp version of the Cupra to give the new Focus RS a real run for its money? I heard it in Autocar a few months ago but haven't heard anything since :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.