Second hand TFSi FR's

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
lol, shameless plug!

Seriously though, when I was buying mine, there were no second hands available. Though I was buying new anyway! Seems 2nd hands seem to hold their value well so far..

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
lol, shameless plug!

Seriously though, when I was buying mine, there were no second hands available. Though I was buying new anyway! Seems 2nd hands seem to hold their value well so far..

Just trying to see if its the market thats slow or are people buying them new instead?

Mine was one of the cheapest on autotrader, comparing mileage and year yet it still hasnt sold...and the only candy white one!

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
I think it may have something to do with the time of year, and the fact that it is so new may put some people off!

Have you had meny viewings?

Is it on pistonheads?

leon

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just trying to see if its the market thats slow or are people buying them new instead?

Mine was one of the cheapest on autotrader, comparing mileage and year yet it still hasnt sold...and the only candy white one!

SEAT are doing 0% finance on new ones at the moment, so a second hand one would have to be mighty cheap, else it will turn out to cost more over 36 months, than a regular bank loan for a slightly cheaper, second hand one

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
Maybe white isn't to everyones taste? (it isn't mine).

I have seen a yellow TFSI FR DSG, (not sure of extras) for the same money on a dealer forecourt here in Kent. Again not my choice of colour.

Not saying you need to reduce price, there is just a lot of competition and as Mork says deals on new.

Bozboz

Bought mine second hand from dealers in August, and I know that it had been on the forecourt for 2 or 3 months.

I'm a bit annoyed that with the 0% finance the cost of a new car with a better specification would not be too much more than I'm paying now - for some reason Mrs Bozboz isn't keen on my idea of trading in for a new one!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Had a few viewing(need to sell their own car first) and a good few time wasters.

Didnt know about the fianace deal that SEAT had on...maybe explains alot. Think I will hold on to it until the new year and the offer is finished but then again not everyone will have the 40% deposit to make use of the deal.

Cheers folks

Last edited:

wayner

stocky is your car uk registered?

i think if you were in the england i`d be interested?

wayner

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
stocky is your car uk registered?

i think if you were in the england i`d be interested?

wayner

We refer to it as just plain old 'england' but that's pedantic

NI is just a ferry ride away, providing you don't get kneecapped.

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
It is up to you, but I would check out the prices of similar age and spec cars around, and gauge your price from there, but obviously you don't want to give it away so you may just have to be patient until the right buyer comes along?

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
slightly diff model, but i have just sold my FR Tdi to a guy from southern Ireland( iam in scotland), was on autotrader for 2 weeks, even local seat garage called, they were teking the piss for what they offered me though.

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
slightly diff model, but i have just sold my FR Tdi to a guy from southern Ireland( iam in scotland), was on autotrader for 2 weeks, even local seat garage called, they were teking the piss for what they offered me though.

What was the dealer offering just out of interest?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.