Secondary Air Injection Issues

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Well I’ve got some jobs to do first, but then I’ll probably get a new mot done in November and will sell up. Moving out so wont need the power anymore as I’ll be more town based, and don’t need the petrol bill either

Hmmm I’ve got a few jobs to get done on the Cupra first though,

Maf needs changing, currently got it unplugged as mine is dead
Oil and filter change, some decent 5w40 semi synthetic stuff I’m thinking

Investigate exhaust mounts, sometimes get a noise when pulling away from the rear when the exhaust is hot/fully up to temp

And then look at removing the SAI secondary air injection, will have to check the guide and see what I need to buy before attempting it

I currently get these faults so I’m hoping removing it and getting a resistor in place will solve it, I cant find any leaks or splits on pipes

17832 - Secondary Air Injection System: Bank 1: Leak Detected
16804/P0420/001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

Hoping I can then stop the engine light coming on as even though it’s a small fault I wont really be able to try selling it till the lights gone

Last edited:

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Maf changed and it seems to have cleared up all my issues, was quite sure I had more than one problem but its been fine since the change

Tax is due, so is the mot, will be doing an oil and filter change and then probably putting it up for sale

have just moved house, drive to work is only 15-20 mins and the oil only gets to full temp and theres nowhere to really open it up, and my mileage has dropped by almost half, gone are the days of using £220 in petrol each month

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
hmmmm Unfortunately problems back

engine light on and 1 fault on vagcom

I cant see any leaks with the pipe work, and the guide seems to have stopped on removing the secondary air injection system, or its a work in progress

16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
Possible Solutions
Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101)
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299)
Check Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112)
Retrieved from "http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16795/P0411/001041"

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
cheers mate, have finished removing mine now

did it bit by bit, haven't bothered with any resistors just yet though!

cleared the fault code and it hasnt came back just yet, only been 2 days though!